6

How's the guy so far guys? Don't keep your feedback lemme know you thoughts on it. 💋

Tasha POV

It was still early &' Shooter didn't live far from my work so I decided to stop by. * Bang Bang Bang* . I know this was gonna be hilarious asf. " WHOOO THE FUCK IS THAT BANGING ON MY MF DOOORRR". Shooter screamed. * Bang Bang Bang* " Yo quit playing, your ass almost got Shot". He said putting the safety back on his gun. I burst out laughing. " Damn that how you answer the door? With a gun and not morning? What if that was Yo mama" I said raising my eyebrow. Shooter sucked his teeth. " Man it early as hell why your here Tasha". Making up my face, I replied " You told me to stop here today so we can talk bout Dia's Icy day". " I said todayyyy not this morning". He basically screamed. " Hmm, well I got time now". He open the door and signaled for me to come in. " watchu planning on doing". " Well you know it's her 21st Icy day and I wanna surprise her good". " cut the shit and tell me". " you so fucking rude but you can distract her the night before her birthday so she can have a surprise party bringing it in". " that sounds good but you know my baby gotta go to the club since she gone be legal". " you ain't even let me finish damn but yeah we could have a big to do at a club on her birthday". " alright I want you to rent out the whole VIP section for us". " MEE??" I said looking at him like he was stupid. He held up his finger. Letting me to know wait. He came back with two racks and threw it on the couch next to me. " I'm funding it and you planning it". " Damn I wish I had a nigga to spend 20,000 on me for my birthday". " my boy wanna do it but you playing hard Shordie". He smirked. " Ew, he ain't invited to shit with his ghetto ass". Shooter looked at me like I was dumb. " You gotta b out your mind lady". I burst out laughing. " Anyways I gotta go work but I got you". " Damn you even be extra on those people job? Why you dress like that". I rolled my eyes getting up heading to the door. " I'm ICYYY everywhere I go Fool. When you see me I'll always be on point".
On that cue I left and headed to work which was a 3 Minute drive since I was already on 65th. My day was going good and smooth. I scanned through papers all day. Until about 3'O'clock. Today was a bit different. I have gotten the opportunity too mentor young ladies for the evening. Two weeks ago a lady who is in charge of this program came to our Firm looking for the perfect person to speak to about 35 young ladies and inform them it's not where you came from but it's what you make yourself. When she came in our firm my boss directed her straight to me saying I'm the perfect person seening that I'm only 21 years old and a lawyer. So I agreed. 3:15pm on the dot the ladies entered our building. They got a tour by one of the other lawyers while I revised my speech. For some reason I was ver nervous. I guess it's the fact that I have never did any thing like this before. The lady spoke to the girls for a few moments. " our guest speaker is none other than Ms. Tasha Harper". They clapped as I went to the front of the room. " Good day ladies, it's my pleasure to be right here speaking to you guys today. My topic for today is letting you know no matter where you come from your end results can be great. I need each of you young ladies to tell me what you'd like to be". They all told me and some was doctors nurse, hair stylist and the list goes on. I could see so many potential from these young ladies. From what I can see they all are from either 64th, 63rd or 65th street. The last young lady to speak got my attention. " I wouldn't mind being a Teacher but don't shit come out hood so I ain't getting my hopes up neither should you".
          I stood up " You see ladies here is an example of the mind set you shouldn't have". I said holding the young ladies hands. " Ghetto is a mind set not a real thing! The hood is the place you live at not who you are. This is the way I need you young people to think". I said letting the girls hand go as tears streamed down here face. " You see the thing what school forget to teach y'all is confidence. If you don't believe in yourself nobody will! You don't need to grow up with a lot of money to be successful. My best friend took $200 bought some plus size clothes and flipped it made three times that and use half to buy some more stuff and flipped it again! Today she owes a plus size clothing store and makes pretty good money. She was never rich but she had the right mind set. What I'm trying to say is success is a mind thing if you want it you'll do whatever it takes to get it. That $200 was the last thing to her name. She said to me Tasha I gotta try something and pray to God it works cause I don't know what imma do and she did that. It only takes a risk and hard work". I held two pictures in my hands.

 I held two pictures in my hands

In high school

College graduation

College graduation

" This is the example of it doesn't matter where you came from it's where you end. I'm coming to you ladies as vulnerable as I can. Growing up I didn't have it all. My mom had to work two jobs just to make sure my brothers and I could eat. Since I was the only girl my mom left me by my nana while she was at work. From the age of 10-14 I was raped". I said as tears came down. " of course once my mom found out I stopped going there. Instead of using that situation to act out I looked at it as a reason to go harder in my books. I prolly only saw a B in high school once and I cried so much. All my life I knew I wanted to get out the Bronx and as the situation in my life got harder I worked hard to get the life I wanted. All the after school activities I tried to join so my resume would look good once I came out of school. When I got in the 11th grade I started taking college classes after school so I can finish quicker once I was done with high school. The age of 16, I graduated with valedictorian and a full scholarship. In college I managed to obtain a 4.0 GPA all the way through. Those years I ate sleep and drinked school and my books now I can gladly say I'm A 21 year old lawyer from the Bronx because I didn't let where I was from determine where I was doing. I never had it all but I went from some girl in the Bronx in the first picture to a school graduate from the Bronx. No matter what you want to do, go after it and achieve it. Don't look at what you don't have look for ways to get around that lady be dedicated and determinated. Good afternoon ladies". They all got up and clapped. I can honestly say I didn't know I had that in me but I hope in some help to these girls. Seeing them is like seening me when I was their age.