Chapter Fifteen : " A NON-WESTEROSI MYSTERY

Arya was moodier than usual.

She was always a temperamental child, but her behaviour was worse after Lyarra's incident.  She heard the explosion just fine, but she also listened to the warnings in the wind. She was not one for cutting multiple classes in a day, but the stresses of everything just made her retreat to the library.

History was not her best subject; Sansa and to some extent, Lyarra beat her at almost everything ladylike. Her natural skills were considered improper for a lady, unless it's the Mormons.

"Oh, how I wish I was a Mormont".

She truly did not want to leave Winterfell; she just wanted to be appreciated.

She closed her Southerner history book, infuriated. Why was she learning about Targaryen history; she was a Northern lady! She didn't despise her education that much, she just thought it didn't suit her.

Then, she remembered something.

Who is Suguwara no Hayate?

Arya was not supposed to run in the library, but nothing compared to the energy of a curious man. Passing by the Imp (whom she looked for when the royals arrived), she searched the thickest records for this name.

Stark
Karstark
Bolton
Glover
Mormont
Ryswell
Reed

Page after page of failed searches later, Arya exited the room, slightly dejected.

She could always ask Samara.

Her mission would have been successful, if not for a sudden tap on her shoulder. Arya whirled around, finding Septa Mordrane 's steen gaze.

"Child, where were you?"

"Somewhere you won't expect."

"Arya, that kind of sass won't be tolerated. You have been absent in all of your classes today."

"All you ever do is force me to be another Sansa!"

"That's because you are a lady, and you have to do the things that you may not want to do." argued the Septa.

"You're in the North, the women here are tougher."

"They act like wildlings with no proper education. You should be grateful that you were born in such luxury, Arya."

The second part of the statement was true, but calling her people wildlings was a new low.

"How dare you call my people wildlings! You 'll never understood the Northern ways; have you ever wondered how we became so rough? Unlike your sunny capital, this region is the first place to bear the brunt of winter' s rage. That's why we have to do anything to survive, and you are looking down at us in our own land? Just because you think you are more refund doesn't give you the right to lump us with savages! "

This must have been the most... eloquent speech from the she-wolf,  made with the fury of one too.

Several people heard the screaming. Lady Catelyn emerged from Bean's room,  confused. What has Arya gotten herself into this time?

The young Stark did not want to hear another scolding, so she ran off into the Godswood. If she wasn't attending her lady lessons or playing with swords, she would be in this place.

She thankfully found Samara there too.

"That was well said, little wolf. I never thought you were quite the speaker."