Chapter Fifty Three

In Kamakura, Rickon was currently kicking and throwing rocks around in the gardens

The young wildest wolf was in a mood the last few weeks and seemed to be only getting worse.

His fake weapon had been forgotten thirty minutes ago, after Hokuto dismissed him from the training. Every time he failed to strike back at his opponent, he remembered Bran failing to get a bull's eye in archery practice.

Training was not fun anymore for it had reminded the boy of what he had lost, he had wanted to give up and didn't really understand why it was important for him to train; it wasn't like his skills were going to be used.

The young wildest wolf countuine to skunk around until a famaliar voice called him out, " little pup "

He turned around and saw Kyoko standing there, " What " Rickon hissed.

" I will not condone that tone little wolf " Kyoko scolded.

" Whatever " Rickon mumbled and began walking away pushing past the empress.

Kyoko signed and started back at the youngest wolf, " that poor boy....He hasn't been feeling great since his father's death. Training doss help him take his mind off his problems, but it's starting to lose its effect "

“Why can't life be perfect? " whined the young lad.

“Life isn't a song, little one. I used to believe that it was when I was Sansa's age. " replied the empress.

“Do all ladies believe that?"

“No. Some of them are forced to grow up so soon. I was quite lucky my innocence lasted that long. "

Rickon gave those words some thought. Do I have to grow up so soon, like the less fortunate kids out there?

“Empress, can I still believe in fairy tales when I've lost my family?"

“Yes you can. Hold on to the beacon of hope in those stories. You can't lose to the dark, not yet."

“Says the family whose words are “Winter is Coming"."

“Don't forget that winter yields to spring, wolf pup. Someday, your family will be together again."

With that settled, Kyōko left the gardens, while Rickon reflected on his new mentor's words.

Spring huh?

              King's Landing

A certain little dove was walking through the gardens along with her handmaiden Shae who has been proven to be trustworthy since then but still the young red wolf was still on guard around her.