Chapter Eighty

Norvos

                           Norvos

Sansa was walking around town more like skipping breathing in the fresh air, Lord Shemeul and Sandor followed behind her.

The young red wolf glanced up at the blue clear sky enjoying the sight.  For the first time in a while, she felt happy and at peace with herself, no longer having to endure any beatings from Joffrey's knights,  or being trapped in King's Landing.

Despite this, she felt a bit sad and wanted nothing more than to see her mother and Robb again. The young Stark was tired of hiding in exile, being afraid; all she wanted was to go home.

" Lady Sansa, are you alright?  " Lord Shemul asked, cutting her out of her thoughts.

" Yes, I'm fine, just lost in my thoughts " Sansa replied, glancing up at him.

" What's on your mind, little bird? " Sandor asked, glancing at her.

" I was thinking of my mother and my brother Robb how much I miss them " The young red wolf mumbled.

" You'll see them again " The Yiddish lord reassured her.

" Not as long as that little golden shit lives and his bitch whore of a mother " The young clegane knight exclaimed.

" Robb will win the war and bring us all home, " Sansa said.

" I'm afraid your prediction is incorrect, my lady, '' Lord Shemul mumbled.

" What do you mean? " She asked.

" Your brother doesn't have many men, little bird,  " Sandor replied. " That, and he broke his oath to the Freys; he married a woman from one of the Lannisters' houses.

" My brother wouldn't do that, " Sansa said, shaking her head not believing what they were telling her.

Lord Shemul sighed. "I'm afraid it's true, my lady. Your brother made a grave mistake. The Freys were his allies, and he betrayed their trust by marrying another. And now, they will  turn against him."

Sansa's eyes widened in shock. "But surely Robb can fix this."

" Lord Walder Frey is not a nice man when crossed, little bird, " Sandor said.  " He will not take this news lately, your brother made a vow he would take one of his daughters as his wife, he has gone back on his promise."

Sansa's heart sank as Sandor's words registered in her mind. Lord Walder Frey was not a man to be trifled with, and her brother had broken one of the most sacred vows a man could make in their culture. She couldn't believe Robb had done something so foolish, risking not only his own life but the lives of their entire family.