Chapter Eighty Five

Elaena was practicing her sword stances hitting a practice ice dummy she had created

Elaena was practicing her sword stances hitting a practice ice dummy she had created. It had been too long since she had practiced her sword fighting skills, and she was determined to get back to kicking ass soon.

She continued to hit the dummy venting all of her frustration behind her attacks and ended up cutting the ice dummy in half, blocks of ice fell on the ground at the impact.

" You could use an extra sword, " a voice said behind her.

She twirled around and saw Ser Barristean standing there glancing at her with a questionable look on his face. " Ser Barristean, How do you do?"

The knight glanced up at the young ice dragon with a small smile. " I am well, your grace. " I am more worried about you, how are you."

Elaena put on a fake smile and replied. " I'm good, you don't have to concern yourself over me."

Ser Barristean stared at the young girl in pity knowing she was lying. " You know your mother did the same thing." Try to stay strong when things went wrong, holding her emotions in.

" I tried to tell her it was okay to sometimes let it out, but your mother was very restrained when it came to her emotions."

" Could you tell me more about her? " She asked. " Like her early life.

He nodded, with a smile, and said. " Your mother was quite the adventurer growing up, she would always play pranks on her septas and sometimes convince your uncle Rhaegar to join her.

The young ice dragon smiled in amusement, not seeing her mother be a troublemaker. " Was she happy during her last few months of life?"

Ser Barristean nodded sadly at her and replied. " Kind of, she was sad that your father was taken from this world by the hands of your grandfather."

" But, she was so happy during her pregnancy with you." She wanted nothing more for you to have a happy life, having such hopes and dreams for you."

Tears began to well in her eyes at his words wishing she would've gotten to know her. At least, she had one mother who loved her. She began to think back on her other mother well Lady Catelyn, the two of them had never gotten along with one another and often bumped heads with each other but she had loved and adored her.

Her heart began to sting thinking how much the women that raised her hated and loathe her. It saddened her, she still thought of Lady Catelyn as her mother and always would.

" Ser Barristean, do you see yourself starting a new life there in Esoss? " The young ice dragon asked, curiously.

Ser Barristean shook his head and said. " Kind of. " Through, I don't miss King's Landing.