Part 7

The week felt too fast; at some point you'd wished it slowed down so you could have more time to show Jungkook that it could work but at the same time, you feel like you're breaking ground.

You and Jungkook went for Italian that Tuesday evening. The second floor of the restaurant does nightly painting sessions that you could enjoy with a glass of wine and Jungkook had charmed his way to get the teacher to sneak both of you in. You tried to focus but Jungkook kept making conversation.

"Are you trying to distract me so you'd have a better painting, Jungkook?" You'd asked.

"I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, ___," he'd replied, smirk tugging at his lips.

"Yah, don't think I've forgotten how competitive you are. This is my turf, Mister. Know your place," you'd said, but Jungkook didn't miss the playful tone of your voice, gentle still, despite the teasing.

He'd chosen Van Gogh's Starry Night without thinking that you'd done it a dozen times already.

"I'm an idiot," he'd said after comparing your works.

"I won't argue with that," you'd laughed, "but I'm impressed. It's good. Although I'm not surprised. You always did well during those art classes we took together in elementary."

"Drawing isn't like painting, ___. This is a different territory."

"You could've at least chosen flowers. You always liked drawing them," you'd said, recalling the freesias and peonies and carnations he enjoyed drawing then.

"You knew that?"

"I sat behind you in all our classes, Jungkook. You were always doodling on your notebook instead of listening to the teacher."

Jungkook is quiet for a while, reminiscing his younger years when he felt freer during those art classes they let him take with you. He replaced pencils and crayons for a camera years later to channel his creativity, something he'd neglected once he started university. That's why he went backpacking for 6 months after college, to "feel human again," he'd said.

"You're lucky you get to do what you love for a living. You get to be creative, imaginative... free."

You let his words sink in, knowing that Jungkook respects what you do because he understands the value of being able to express yourself, of finding beautiful things and capturing them. He captures them through a lens, you capture them through paint and brushes.

Two days later, you found yourself together again. He was required to attend an affiliate's event that, according to Junghyun, is the most boring thing he ever had to sit through. You volunteered to accompany Jungkook, more confident now as he doesn't seem to be bored with you. The giggles you'd shared and the fact that you ended up eating convenience store curry at 10PM was proof of that.

Another two days later and you were in one of the art galleries in the city that's hosting a new exhibition. Jungkook tried to keep up with your ramblings but was still amused with your interpretations of the pieces. You returned the favor by taking him to a camera store, one that sold the vintage and modern kinds. It was your turn to be amused with his fondness for the instruments.

The next day, you spent the afternoon in the mall carnival and arcade with the kids, Jungkook not wasting this chance to show off. "Gotta win the prizes for the kids, you know?" He'd said with a wink.

You chuckled but enjoyed the little competition between the Jeon and Kim men, and you tried to not think too much of it when he spent his excess tickets on a little whale plush toy you were eyeing and gave it to you.

Before you knew it, it's Saturday again. Your one month ends the next day, which is also the day you'll tell your families if you'll push through with the engagement or not.