Part 13

You're marrying Jeon Jungkook in a few weeks, and this is something you're being reminded of by your friends a lot more than usual recently.

Nari's excited for the wedding dress that she'd always dreamed of making for you; Minhyuk can't hold his excitement over about the food and booze since you'd told him the menu; and Yeji is the only one sound enough to ask how you're doing and if you're 100% sure about this. If they notice the way you more confidently say that yes, you are, they don't say anything. They're just glad that you seem a lot happier now and Jungkook isn't giving you a hard time anymore.

With one of your long-term projects finally completed and Jungkook spearheading a successful product launch, both of your friends convince you to go to a club to celebrate. Coincidentally, Yoongi, one of your brother's close friends, is also DJ-ing tonight, hence why the place is filled with many people you and your friends know (except for Seokjin who's currently out of town). Jungkook arrives before you do, as you got held up at a work dinner.

You enter the club and look for your friends, with Taehyung waving about and catching your attention. You see Jungkook laugh at something Yeji says, meet your eye, and choke on his drink.

You're momentarily distracted by Yoongi tapping your shoulder and pulling you in for a hug that you don't see Jungkook ogle you, taking in your form in a loose white halter top paired with a black sequined skirt and red pump heels, your wavy locks flowing over your bare shoulders.

He's thankful that you're chatting it up with Yoongi because you don't see the way he's blatantly staring at you from halfway across the room, mouth watering at how sexy you look right now. He isn't too happy with the soft touches from the older man, though, pulling you a little closer so you can hear what he's saying over the loud music. Jungkook's gaze doesn't go unnoticed by his friends.

"Looks like someone finds his fiancé attractive," Jimin teases. "Finally got your head out of your ass, huh? So much for disagreeing with us that ___ isn't a looker."

Jungkook snaps out of his trance and turns to his friends who are all giving him smug looks. "I never said she wasn't, okay? I just never said it out loud."

Why he never did, he knows is out of spite. It's enough you have to be a smart, sweet, and kind girl who is happy with life and liked by everyone; you have to be incredibly gorgeous, too, really nothing like his ex-girlfriends, he now admits.

This is the first time he's seen you like this, though. Not that you never go for daring outfits - and you did say you had a partying phase in college - but there's just something about you tonight that captures him, a certain aura oozing out of you that's almost hypnotic, even from far away.

He's quickly reminded that the effect you have isn't exclusive to him, as he doesn't miss the looks that other men are giving you, as you continue talking with Yoongi. Within that conversation, 3 men have approached you both, coaxing your friend to introduce them to you, which Yoongi does before he quickly waves them off. The conversation eventually ends and you walk towards the table, either oblivious to or uncaring of the gawks of the other patrons.

"Hey, you" you greet him with a smile reaching your eyes.

You've had a long day and you were looking forward to spending tonight with your friends, and seeing Jungkook, of course. He's dressed in a dark blue silk polo, hair parted at the side and slicked back. You force your heart to steady its beating and will your pussy to behave, as he greets you with a "hey, you" back and wraps his arm around your waist, pulling you close to him and whispering "you look really pretty tonight."

You lift your head only a little to reach his ear, your heels giving you much needed elevation, and reply to him, "you cleaned up pretty nicely, too."

He giggles and pulls you in even closer, his chin resting on your head, prompting you to wrap your arms around his torso. You quickly ask each other how your day went, arms still staying where they are. What a way to send a message to those men, Jungkook thinks.