Part 22

Jungkook misses a step again, something that's been happening since you stepped out of your bathroom earlier in the evening.

How can he, when he can't keep his eyes off you looking ravishing in your black halter gown? But he tries to keep his composure. It's your night tonight and he doesn't want to mess it up.

It's one of the bigger art events of the year, with carefully curated pieces of different artists being featured in a special exhibition in one of Seoul's well-known art galleries. You're one of those artists, and you've spent the past several months making sure you get to present your best ones yet. Tonight is opening night, with your families and friends set to attend the next day.

Jungkook's been nothing but supportive and understanding, especially when you wake up at 3 in the morning because an idea hit you. He's seen you in work events, always graceful and composed. This is the first time he's seeing you with your personal work being exhibited, and you're a nervous wreck. A gorgeous nervous wreck, he corrects.

You both enter the hall and you will yourself to get it together. You're pacified when you see Namjoon, another one of your brother's old friends and a massive art enthusiast. He delights at the sight of you and takes you in for a tight hug.

"You look incredible, ___. I'm so sorry I missed the wedding," he says apologetically. "I was shipped off to a conference abroad that I couldn't get out of."

"Don't worry about it! We missed you though," you say, and internally gush over his dimpled smile that you've always adored.

Jungkook reaches out his hand and introduces himself, which Namjoon responds to with his self-introduction.

"Seokjin wasn't kidding when he said you two make a lovely couple." He turns to you, "I'm so happy for you, ___. God, you're so grown up," he smiles again.

The three of you continue on with your conversation about the wedding and how Namjoon has been, with you ensuring that Jungkook is involved. Namjoon won't stop gushing over your pieces, and you blush at his compliments. It's when his face changes the same time someone calls out your name that you feel your heart skip a beat.

You turn around.

"Mingyu, it's so nice to see you," you greet the man.

The name sounds familiar, Jungkook thinks. He's heard his name before but not from you.

"This is Jungkook, my husband," you say, and Jungkook reaches out his hand with a proud smile on his face, owning the husband badge and wearing it proudly. "This is Mingyu," is all you say.

He gives Jungkook a shy smile. He looks harmless, Jungkook thinks. "It's nice to meet you. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the wedding," he says.

Jungkook doesn't remember a Mingyu making it to the initial guest list, but he keeps this thought to himself. Where does he know him from?

After the pleasantries are exchanged, you and Jungkook explore the hall and he all but jumps in excitement at your work. Of course, he's seen them multiple times, as he usually visits your bedroom-turned-full time-studio to give you your tea, tell you to rest, or give you words of encouragement. Seeing them here, with all the other works of art, makes his heart swell with pride.

He enjoys how you blush at his compliments and rest your head on his shoulders out of embarrassment. He enjoys it, when you get close to him like this.

He excuses himself for a washroom break and you say you'll be nearby. When he returns, he sees you by one of your pieces talking to Mingyu. Seeing the fondness in your face and your carefree laughter suddenly makes his heart churn. There's an aura of familiarity between the two of you, like you're in your own little bubble. You feel relaxed, giggling and excitedly talking. Jungkook's not usually a jealous guy. Right?