Epilogue: Bonus (05)

Camping

##

"What do you... wear when going camping?"

With furrowed brows, you look at Nari and Yeji on your phone screen as you stand inside your walk-in closet, eyes shifting around, past your floral dresses and silk trousers and pastel tops for the clothes you need to pack for this weekend's adventure with your husband. You're clearly not into the outdoors, and though you've gone on a few hiking trips with Jungkook, camping is altogether different. You're not quite sure what to expect.

"Hmm, it depends on where you're going," Nari responds, and you pout even more. "Do you even know where you're going?" She chuckles.

"Uh, not really," you sigh. "Kook just said camping and nothing more. We could literally be out in the wild or in some fancy tent somewhere, I don't know."

"Why did you agree to go, anyway?" Yeji asks. "That's like, not your thing."

"Because he's been wanting to do it since he came back from that trip to Vietnam with his college buddies," you reply. "He was supposed to go with the guys but when Tae realized he wasn't gonna be sleeping on a king-sized bed, he opted out. Then Jimin was called for a work trip. Kook was so excited already so I offered. Plus, it's his thing and he and we said we'd indulge in each other's things every once in a while."

"Cute," your best friends say at the same time.

You pout and whine that they're not helping, but they tell you to just pack whatever comfortable and sporty-type clothes you have, so you start looking through your shelf of yoga outfits and ask them which, between the purple and yellow pairs, you should bring.

As they take turns in making a case for their chosen color, you hear your husband's voice calling for you, and you yell that you're in the closet.

"Hey, babe," he greets, kissing your cheek.

He waves back at Nari and Yeji who both tell him that you don't know what happens during camping, and you frown at them for outing you because you didn't want to seem so out-of-touch to your husband.

Jungkook looks at you as if to ask for more context, and you say that you're packing for the trip but don't know what to bring.

"Anything, really. You can bring whatever you want," he says, walking to the other side of the closet and removing his suit. "Just be comfortable, that's all I need you to be."

"Yeah but like... I want to dress appropriately. Do I bring a raincoat for when it rains? Boots to look for frogs? Sneakers to climb a mountain? Thick coats for when we sleep on the ground?"

You're pouting out of confusion but Jungkook is giggling, pulling you towards him and kissing your nose. "You're so cute, you know that?"

"Kook, I'm serious! I need to be prepared," you furrow your brows.

"Yeah, Jungkook. We've been in the closet for an hour now because she can't make up her mind," Nari says. "She'd bring her trolley luggage if you let her."

"Nari!" You shriek, prompting her to apologize and say that she's just teasing.

"But now that he's home, maybe you can ask him, don't you think?" Yeji presses, knowing that the only reason why you didn't ask him is because you think you'll sound silly, which she thinks is silly because this is a man who thinks everything you do is adorable.

You hesitantly nod and your friends bid their goodbyes, leaving you with your husband in his unbuttoned white polo and black trousers. Jungkook coming home to you after work like this is one of your favorite things in the world.