Epilogue: Bonus (10)

##

"Babe, is the curling iron still on?"

Your husband calls out from the walk-in closet behind you, and you yell out your yes as you place the item in question on the dresser, ruffling your hair up a bit and styling it as you wish.

You're so immersed in trying to figure out what look you want to go for that you don't immediately notice Jungkook standing next to you, iron in hand as he curls the edges of his smooth locks. When your eyes flit to him, you're momentarily hypnotized, your movements stopping for a few seconds before you're able to regain your bearings and decide on a loose bun to match the low-back satin dress you have on.

"You okay there, babe?" Jungkook asks as he picks up on your silence, with you seemingly avoiding looking at him.

You nod in response and he smirks, feeling like he knows what's got you acting like this. He's known for a while that he affects you in a certain way; your trip to Busan not long ago reinforced that, given the way your body reacted to everything he did at your command. But still, knowing that he makes you flustered even with clothes on gives him that boost of confidence and that air of cockiness that he knows you adore.

"Are you sure?" He asks again, turning to look at you while you keep your eyes on the mirror.

You finally face him and release a deep sigh. "You look really good," you admit, your cute little frown melting all the knots in his body.

"Why do you make it sound like it's a bad thing?" He chuckles, flashing you that boyish smile that he also knows drives you wild.

"Because..." you start, your arms crossed now to establish some distance. "I'm gonna have to control myself around you and behave but that's hard when you look... like that."

"Who says you have to control yourself and behave? You're my wife and you have my permission to keep your hands on me any time and you know, misbehave or something," he cheekily responds, his smug face making you want to smack his chest and pull his hair out of lust and frustration.

"We'll be in public, Kook!"

"Tae booked a private club, though."

You frown at his teasing but it only urges your husband to tease even more.

"They also have private rooms so when you absolutely cannot help yourself, we can always get one and maybe I'll let you put on a show for me. Or I can do that, it depends if you still have yourself together by then."

"Kook! You're not helping," you pout, and much as he wants to keep going, he also just wants to wrap his arms around you and that's what he does, pulling you close and softly smiling at you.

"I'm kidding. Sort of," he chuckles. "But we can also just skip the party and stay in, you know? I'll keep my clothes on until you take them off me, or until you ask me to, just like last time," he smirks now. "And we can just do whatever we want. You won't have to worry about controlling yourself or anything."

"Tempting, but we did promise Taehyung that we'd come tonight," you say, wrapping your arm around his neck while you fix the strands of his hair, knowing the style he wants to go for. "Opening an art gallery is kind of a big deal. And I am a featured artist in his collection so we absolutely have to be there."

"I know," Jungkook says. "I won't hear the end of it if we skip it. But at least I've got a reason to swap the business wear for something different. And you know, fluster my wife because of it, make her speechless and tell me I look good."

"Ah, is that what you expected to happen," you arch an eyebrow, feeling called out because that's definitely what happened.

He's always been a little cocky but he's amped it up recently and you're not complaining; he has all the reasons to be. You know he knows that you love it when he is.