Chapter Two

***

"Carter why didn't you do the dishes!" Mom came into my room yelling as I was trying to sleep.

"I-I forgot, I'm sorry." I said, scared.

"You know to do that!" She yelled again coming twords me as I backed into the corner.

"Please, I'm sorry I really forgot!" I pleaded.

"You don't forget!" She screamed, bashing my head into the wall. "You are a terrible child!" She kicked my stomach making me fall to the ground.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again. Please just stop!" I cried.

"Yeah it won't happen again!" She yelled back, fist colliding with my head.

"Stop!" I yelled trying to get away, but I was weak

Once again slamming her knee into my stomach and fist colliding with my head, repeatedly.

"Your lucky your father is not home yet!" She yelled leaving my room slamming my door. With me stuck on the floor.

***

I jerked awake, my breathing staggered.

It was just a dream, just a dream, or nightmare, I kept reminding myself. Every time this happens I have to remember it's done in the past, just a dream.

Once I calmed down I unplugged my phone and picked it up. Turning it on I saw it was 5:50, almost time for me to get up anyway.

Throwing the blanket off me I was hit by the coldness of my room, I like it cold in my house. Tossing my phone back on my bed I walked to my closet. I grabbed a red and black flannel, white crop top, and a pair ripped jeans, finally of course my converse.

I walked to the bathroom and threw my outfit on. Along with brushing my hair it's a little wavy today but it's fine. I brushed my teeth then left the room. Grabbing my phone I then made my way to the kitchen.

Coffee? Fuck yeah!

"Now we wait for it to be ready." I wisperd to myself.

It's only been a few seconds and I'm already inpatient. "Come on." I said to the coffee maker, impatiently tapping my fingers in the counter.

Finally, it's done after waiting forever. Taking my first sip of coffee I got my energy back. Finishing up the coffee I checked the time in the oven it's 7 I'll get going soon.

I put the cup in the sink to wash later. Then got my bag and everything and walked out to my car.

Arriving at school was like every other time walking in then to Embers locker. Followed by her walking in a few minutes later.

"So you have Spanish right?" Ember asked grabbing something out of her locker.

"Yeah, why?"

"I heard the teacher was hot. So is she?" I don't know, I don't pay attention to shit, but sure.

"I mean sure." I said as I shrugged.

Closing her locker she spoke, "I'm walking you to Spanish after English today. I have to see for myself."

I rolled my eyes, "whatever you say."

"Anyways we should getting to class." I smiled and walked off.

"I don't get a bye, damn." Ember laughed behind me.

I flipped her off but Mr hall was walking down the hall, "Brooks detention." He said passing me.