Chapter Twenty-Six

A few weeks have passed. I've been mainly spending the weekends at Alex's.

Next week is fall break though, fun. I get to spend it alone at my house.

And it's only Monday. I'm ready and everything, except for my coffee. I am waiting for that to be done. Then I can leave and meet Ember where we usually do and continue my routine.

It's done, I repeat it's done! I already have the cup in my hand and grabbed the pot to pour it in the cup. Good thing it's a metal cup or my hand would be burning up.

I'm alright behind schedule so I ran out the door with my keys to the car. I gently put my cup in the holder then rushed to start the car and leave.

It was stressful.

I'm here now, lucky I still have enough time before class to chat with Ember.

When I walked in she was waiting, so what better to do that what she does. "Ember!" I yelled, getting her attention immediately.

She started to run to me with open arms, "Carter!" She pulled me into a hug because apparently me walking is to slow. "I missed you."

"Ember, I saw you Friday, you called me last night." We pulled away.

"I can't miss my best friend? Damn ok, bitch."

"You can, all I was saying you just saw me, and heard my amazing voice." She told her eyes but smiled.

"I'm going to get to class. See you later." Ember said already walking away.

Wow, her? On time?

"You being in time for class. Never though it would happen."

She flipped me off still walking away. I laughed shaking my head as I started my way to class.

__

"You know what?" Ember said as we left English. "I'm not walking you to class. All because of that rude comment this morning."

I scoffed at her words. "I was only being realistic."

She opened her mouth but no words cane out. She gave up and slightly nodded her head.

"Yeah I know I'm right. Also you were the one who insisted on walking me to my class that I'm the other side of the building."

"Because you and...." The rest of her words were a mumble.

After her gibberish I turned to the woman Infront of me. "Hola señorita Cameron. ¿Cómo estás?" We were walking this whole time, Ember just so happened to follow me.

I looked over at my friend who was frozen and starting at me in shock. I'm evil. I smirked at her realization

"Estoy bien gracias." My teacher replied. I nodded and gave Ember one more glance, she's storming off to her class. Then I walked to my seat just as the bell rang.

"Okay everyone, I have two assignments for you all to do. Both on paper, one is a short quiz just to see what you have learned, the other is filling in blanks then putting the words in full sentences." She glanced around the room before grabbing some papers. She passed out the quiz to everyone else before me. When she got to me her arm grazed mine and I felt something run through my body. Before going back to the front her eyes stayed on me for a second as she walked up. "You may start now." Miss Cameron announced.

I tore my eyes away from her as I grabbed my pencil. I made sure to write my name and the date, because all my other teachers annoy the shit out of you if there is not date.

As fast as I started the quiz I finished it. It's to easy.

I stood up before anyone else, and walked nearly four feet to my teachers desk. Such a long walk, I'm dying. I dropped the paper in the bin giving Miss Cameron a smile then walking back to my desk with the other assignment.