Chapter Fifteen

"Ember! We have to talk!" I said as soon as she picked up the phone.

"But I just woke up." She winded.

"I don't care get your ass over here."

"I want to sleep."

"This is important get up, dressed and leave. Then get to my house. I'll be waiting, you have half an hour. Maximum." Then I hung up.

I sat on my couch thinking about earlier. My heart was racing and is still but less. My smile is still on my face and has no plan to go away today.

Alex likes me! I could scream that. Obviously I'm not because that's embarrassing but I feel like it.

I have just one question though, how's she afford that house?

Suddenly I jumped hearing a knock on the door but remembered Embers here so I ran to the door. Who else and I gonna talk to this about?

I opened it and she did an over exaggerated gasp. "You letting me in before half an hour? It's a medical!" She said causing me to roll my eyes.

"Fine I'll be back." Then I closed the door slightly but she stopped it.

"I'm coming in." Then she pushed it open and walked in. She didn't have any bags just her phone and a set of keys that were her mom's, yet she has her own. She's in her pajama shirt with sweatpants, she definitely got ready.

"You know I said get ready, right?"

"Yeah whatever. What's got you all smiley?" She asked. "The girl you like?"

I just nod and think about her.

She insanely smiled. "Spill I need to know everything!" She pulled me to the couch and sat down. "Come on, TALK!" She yelled shaking me.

I let out a small laugh, "Alright chill lady. She-"

"You better tell me her damn name." She scolded.

I guess I should. "It's Alex." I sighed before saying the next part, "Alex Cameron."

"Yes, I fucking new it!" She did a victory thing with her hands.

"I don't get how though." I said.

"Well you should have seen the way y'all looked at each other. Or just every interaction ever." She said like it was obvious. "That's not important I need the information so spill." She rushed me.

"Well I was working and Kat just left the bar when a brunette walks in. I couldn't tell who it was their head was down. But soon realized it was her when I went to see what she wanted. Of course I was shocked, never seen her there before." She nods and I continue, she's so interested, it's funny. "Lexi kept telling me that she was looking at me. But in a different way then anyone else with more care and stuff. You know me, I obviously didn't listen and thought she was wrong. Before I knew it we were closing and she was still there. I didn't want her to take a Uber so I offered to give her a ride, she accepted. Then we are in the car and she tells me I'm beautiful, but she's drunk so I just say thanks. We get to her house and she makes me come in then tells me I'm gorgeous inside and out. Then we head up to her room for her to go to sleep. She changes then I say I'm going to leave but she objected. I still was planning on leaving but she begged and ended up saying she liked me. So I agreed to stay and slept in some of her clothes, which I have some on now."

"I knew those weren't yours." She mumbled.

"When I wake up I forgot where I was for a second but shortly left to go down to the kitchen. She's there, obviously it's her house, making breakfast. Says I can have some and everything. She then gets me some clothes and explains where the bathroom is and I changed into this." I motioned to my outfit. "When I came back we ate in mostly silence. I didn't know what to say and it was awkward. Once done we went to the living room. After a few minutes she started to talk about last night. I say how she was just druua d didn't mean it, stuff like that. She objects again and explains everything, confirming she likes me. Then I tell her I like her. But then her best friend Stephanie arrived and I left."