Chapter Thirty-Nine (pt. 2)

Alex Cameron POV

I'm scared for Carter, I don't know what to do for her. The nightmares have been more frequent as well as the panic attacks. I know she is scared, I'm doing my best to help her. Not touch her without permission after and during a panic or nightmare.

We are only a minute away and the moment I see them I don't know if I won't be able to not kill them.

"You sure about this Carter?" I asked when I parked the car.

"No?" She sighed. "I got this, it'll be... be alright." Hopefully my love.

Si no es así, personalmente les daré un infierno.

I took her hand and gave her head a kiss. "Estaré a tu lado todo el tiempo. Te amo."

"Te amo, Alex." Her voice cracked.

I got out of the car and opened the door for her. She stepped out and it was like time stop. She completely froze looking down the street, I parked away for a reason.

"No, no. Look at me." I turned her head. "I know this is like going back through hell. And I can't possibly imagine what you are going through. If anyone, I mean anyone, does anything I'll gut them like a fish." I've never made fish. But it got her to smile.

That's the smile I love.

I held my hand out for her, she immediately held it. She took one more deep breath before leading the way.

She left her phone with me, as in made me hold it so she definitely wouldn't see anything from her asshole of parents. Anything more than needed.

"And you two are..?" A person asked who was at the door. It's an okay house, mine is a hell lot better.

I waited for her to talk but she blanked out. "Carter, it's on there." I pointed to the paper. Carter nodded and pulled me inside

There was not much people here. She pulled me to a room with no one. It looks like a study.

"Sorry, I-I just need a minute." She bit her lip. "I haven't been here since I was fourteen. Exactly five years ago, I ran, hopping to never see them again, let alone be here. Should have known that was not right." Her hands rubbed her arms.

I took her hands in mine, best to stop it before it starts. "Don't apologize for doing what's best for you. If you need an hour take it, days, weeks years, take it." I watched her shake her head. "We can leave right now, immediately."

"Mhm. It's alright, we stay." She pulled me into a hug. I heard her sniffle before leaning her head back. "I love you."

"And I love you." I kissed her, pulling her in by the waist.

Carter's head jerked back as she heard some footsteps, my heart sank again, that's why she knows whenever I'm walking up to her. A woman emerged from the corner, she had a smirk on her face.

"Carter." That did not sound nice. "We didn't expect you to come." The lady walked closer and opened her arms, Carter sunk and went behind but besides me.

It clicked and I move to be more protective of her. "Let me hug my damn daughter. I haven't seen her in five years!"

"Does it look like I care how long it's been since you have seen her?" I said. "I'm not moving, Carter obviously doesn't want you to touch her." I tried my best to stay calm, for Carter's sake, you could still hear my anger.

"I will do what I want!" She yelled. "She is my daughter!" She got in my face. It's funny she's shorter than Carter and acting all tough. Carter's hand on my waist squeezed me on the hip.