Chapter Forty

Alex Cameron POV

"Hey, Ember." I said through the phone. I got her number through Carter's phone when she went to sleep last night.

"Alex?" Ha, she just woke up. "What do you want?"

"Wow, merry Christmas to you too." I heard her laugh. "Did you celebrate it yesterday?"

"Yeah, always do. Hurry and get to the point, I want to sleep more." She mumbled. I think she's already going to sleep, rude ass.

"Do you want to come over today?" Carter told me to have Christmas, it would be good for her. I am still sceptical, but if it is happening then I'm inviting Ember. "For a small Christmas thing."

"I'll be there. Send me the whatever- information." The line cut as she hung up. Ember and Stephanie will be such great friends.

It's sickening.

I also made sure no one would ask about Carter's injury's. You can only see the few on her face because I know she'll have her arms covered.

***

"No! No. You two never did anything for me! Except for try and fucking kill me!" I yelled at the assholes.

"Fucking shut up!" He yelled. "We only ever did what was needed. Then you run away!" I got pushed into a wall, making some art fall.

"No wonder you were such a fucking failure. Can't do anything right! Go fucking another girl, what the hell is wrong with you?" Janet yelled, stepping forward. "Then there's you not being able to do any-fucking-thing! Like clean the damn house." She smacked my face but I stayed still. Weak ass bitch, old ass mother fucker.

"Failing school, running away!" I got shoved to the floor and Janet kicked my stomach.

"Everyone move! What is wrong with you all, just watching this ensue, leave!" A lady yelled, as the room slowly faded.

I heard Alex's footsteps approach just as all quiet came and it went black.

"Alex!" I screamed, jolting awake into a sitting position.

"I'm here, right here." She grabbed my hand and held it to her chest.

I turned and hugged her, we fell so she's on her back with me on her. I kissed her she immediately kissed back.

"A-Alex." I whispered laying my head on her chest. "I love you, please, please don't leave."

"I love you, my love. I'll never leave. And I won't let go of you until you say so." Since we left, whenever that was, we haven't been apart more than ten feet. Always in the same room, I asked her to touch me, I know how that sounds. But if she isn't then I feel them, and I want to not feel them hitting me. I want it so bad.

"Is it Christmas?" I asked.

"It is, everyone is coming at one." I smiled. "Just Stephanie and Ember. That's all who is coming."

Not much that's perfect. "Thank you." I whispered, sitting up. "Let's get ready. This is going to be a show."

"Or a long day of teasing and stuff. Two Stephanie's, holy hell."

"With meer differences that are somehow huge between the two." I said standing up from the bed. "It'll still be a show. I need to see how they interact."

I know pushing down shitty emotions is terrible for you, I don't care right now. I refuse to-to feel. Only happy emotion's.

"Carter, don't hold anything back." Her hands held mine as she stood up. "It's a terrible thing to do. Just do whatever you you need to, let it all out." I forgot she could see right through me.