Epilogue

One year later

Alex Cameron's POV

"What if she regrets it, regrets me?" I felt my heart speed up as I talked even more with my hands. "What if she doesn't walk down the aisle and I'm just left standing at the altar? What if she says-"

"Alex, it's okay." Stephanie stood up. "Look at me." It took a second but I did. "Breath, remember that."

She does know how to calm me down, but not as well as Carter. So even with her help I'm still a bit anxious.

"Also, aren't you two walking halfway separate then together for the other half down the aisle? You can't be left at the altar, you'd be left in the aisle."

At least she's trying to help.

"I think that's a lot worse." I said. "But what if she says-" I keep thinking the same thought.

"No, we are not going back to this." She placed her hands on my shoulders and looked me dead in the eye. "We both know she's going to say 'I do'. And if she doesn't, she won't live past it."

"No, no, no. You aren't killing her. I'll kill you if you do." I now looked at her dead in the eye.

"Well she going to say yes. So we don't have to worry about that."

I know she's right. But I still worry.

"Now let's finish getting you ready."

***

Carter's POV

"You do know what to do, right?" I asked, again. You never know with her. She's always late and everything so I have to check.

"For the thousandth time, yes I do." I made a gester for her to continue. "I walk you down the aisle until we meet Alex and Stephanie in the middle. Then we let you two walk the rest before we walk around and sit in the front row. I'm not going to joke around or mess anything up, I swear."

I let out a breath at her response. "Thank you, Ember. Just for everything." We pulled each other into a hug. "I love you." It came out as a muffled whisper.

"Stop, nothing's happened yet and I'm about to cry." Her voice was soft like she was about to cry, not something you hear often. "I love you too."

I chuckled and smiled. I squeezed her tighter before eventually pulling away to look at a clock.

"Shit, we gotta go." Ember grabbed my hand. "It's almost time to walk down the aisle."

"What if-"

"No what ifs." She cut me off, knowing what I would say. "It's all going to be okay. Alex will say yes, everything will be perfect."

I smiled at that. But I couldn't help the sudden anxiety that washed over me.

I am not doing this right now.

But what if my parents did something?

What if they somehow know about this and sent someone. Although we haven't seen Ket or Mr Jackass since graduation, they could send someone.

Although their contacts were only those two people. I'm pretty sure they are just done with us. Which has Alex and I very happy we aren't being stalked.

"Carter, do you hear me?" Embers voice broke me out of my thoughts. I nodded and looked at her. "You ready?"

I took a breath, "Yes. Fuck yes." I couldn't hold back my happiness and excitement. But I somehow held down my nerves that dared to show.