Chapter Ten

Alex Cameron's POV

Once I got the call from Carter and my brain processed what was happening, because I just woke up, I was out of my bed getting a jacket and some sweatpants and was ready to leave.

I really fucking care about this girl if I'm getting up from my sleep to comfort her. Usually I just talk on the phone till they are good. But now I'm getting in my car and putting the address she sent in my phone. I definitely wouldn't be doing this if I didn't like her, that or I'm going crazy. I going to my students house that I like because she called me sounding almost desperate for help. I think it's both.

Looking at my phone that's loaded she's only 23 minutes away from my house. I started up my car and left. As I passed the stop lights I didn't miss any. And suddenly I have arrived at a decent sized house that has the right address.

I hurried and parked my car grabbing my keys and phone then getting out. I ran up to the door a knocked.

After what felt like forever but was only a minute I heard, "C-come in."

I didn't waist any time and walked inside closing the door behind me and locking it. I scanned around the room I walked into and saw Carter curled up in a ball on the couch. She looked really broken. She was crying and shaking a little.

I walked over to the couch and sat besides her. "Carter, it's ok. You are safe, I'm here."

She looked up and her eyes met mine. They were red and puffy. But also scared.

"I- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to call. I just had no one else. You didn't- why'd you even come? You were asleep-" She was speaking way faster than she normally does.

"I came because you called. I said call whenever you needed to. And I was really worried so I got here as quick as possible."

Her lips formed a  weak smile. But the tears still escaped her eyes and her breathing was deep. her hair was a mess and she's still in the same clothes as earlier.

"You didn't have to come though. I would have been fine i-if you... didn't."

"You don't like fine, you also don't sound fine."

She stayed quiet and looked back at  the ground. Tears coming out of her eyes again and she started to shake again.

"Fuck." She mumbled but still stayed in the ball she was in.

All of a sudden my heart sped up a little but I stayed calm.

"Follow my breathing, like the other day, okay?" She nodded her head.

I breathed in then exhaled and she followed. I did that a few times till her breathing was steady. But she still has a few tears in her eyes and she's shaking.

"Look at me, please?" I spoke.

She took a second but  her eyes found mine.

"May I hug you?" I asked her.

"Y-yeah." She stuttered in response.

I slowly wrapped my arms around her. She let out a sigh as I did. She then turned and rested her head in my shoulder.

After a few minutes she stopped shaking and was not crying. That made me a little happier but not fully.

"Thank you." She wisperd.

"Don't thank me. I will always be here for you."

We had a few more minutes of silence before I spoke up, "Do you want to talk about what happened."

"No."

"Then I won't ask."

Now we are in a different position I'm laying on my back on the couch and she's on top of me. Her head is in the crook of my neck, and her arms are on with side of us, her leg is bent up but still on me with the rest of her body. My arms are wrapped around her still one on top of the other, and my head is resting on hers.