Chapter Fifty-Two

After detention and we left. I wanted to kiss Alex goodbye but it was not the best idea. After we parted ways I headed to the cliff thing, whatever it's called.

I have some time to spare and something I want to make. I didn't feel like going back to my house so I'm here.

I have an hour still and am already dressed for work. I'm not hungry either so it works out.

I grabbed my bag, phone, and keys. Then I went to the same spot at usual. I sat down on a spot that gave me just a great view to look over everything.

I grabbed a pencil and some paper from my bag. I put the paper on a notebook I had in my bag and started to draw.

I only have an hour or less before I have to get to work. I started a timer to tell me when to leave a few minutes ago.

Soon enough the timer thing went off. Just in time for me to finish my drawing. I put everything away and headed to the car. I made sure I didn't have anything on me after I threw my stuff in. Once I made sure I was good I got in the car and headed off.

___

It feels like the night has been through but it's almost closing time. I haven't seen Kat and Everest is not here. Of course Lexi is.

As some people started to filter out I walked twords Lexi. You can't order a drink from the bar if it's ten minutes till closing unless it's water. She we are fine to sit back.

"Hey Carter. How's it with you and your girlfriend? Have you been getting enough kisses and such to keep that mood high enough?" And there that is.

"Plenty of kisses." For the time we spend together. "I am ready to leave tonight." I looked around before leaning on what she was.

"Same, I get to go back to Everest." I watched her smile speaking about them.

"I'm going home to Alex." I smiled as my heart warmed thing about her. Lexi looked over at me.

"Already moved in?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No." I hesitated. Home is just wherever she is.

"Hmph." She looked back out as more people left.

I looked around once again, looking over everyone carefully. I know the person who is talking with those assholes is not Lexi.

"You okay? You have seemed on edge all of shift." My eyes shot back to her as she spoke. She looked at me with worry and confusion. Not something you really see from her. Usually it's just demand, humor, and stuff.

"Oh. Yeah, yeah. I'm good." I cleared my throat. "Have you seen Kat in the past few days?" If so she's a stalking bitch.

"Yeah she's been here." Lexi told me. "sometimes she orders drinks, others she sits and watch, occasionally she has some dude here with her." I took in a of her words. She looked back at a booth and let out a breath. "She usually leaves just before the ten minute mark."

"Weird, I haven't seen her." I said, slowly. My head still trying to tie the knots together. "What does this guy she's with look like?"

"Bald, egg head, stupid always dressed so professional, probably married, and round-ish glasses." Perfect description of Mr annoying-ass.

"Gotcha fucking stalkers." I said under my breath. I really thought I could trust Kat.

Lexi sat up and looked at me. Completely dead serious. I fucked up. "Who now? What?" She crossed her arms. Fucking shit, got caught.

I covered my mouth with my hand and moved my sleeve down some more. "I-I don't know. What did I say?" I silently cursed at myself.

"You said something about stalkery and shit. Care to elaborate?" She raised a brow. "Or do I have to trust my gut and do more than I may have to."