Chapter Thirty-Eight

"Do you have plans with your girlfriend tonight?" Ember asked, we are in English at the moment.

"Nope, why?"

"Can we hang out tonight? We haven't in forever!" It is Wednesday, but we also have no more school for the week and Christmas is next week.

"I don't think I want to hang out with you. What if I had plans with anyone else, or myself?" I asked, dropping my pencil. I'm done writing, it fucking sucks.

"So I'll be there at six." She got a piece of paper and labeled it 'sleepover with stupid Carter'. "What will we need and be doing?"

"First off you are getting the snacks and soda. I'm not paying for shit." She wrote soda on the first line. "We should definitely watch a movie or two."

"Oh! Let's also build a blanket fort. That will be fun." I didn't say anything before she wrote it. "Obviously we'll need some chips and Carmel apples, I know you love those. What about chocolate pretzels?"

"Yes, get those!" I agreed, those are great. "How do you even get money for these?"

"My parents wallets." She simply said. "Any-"

The bell cut her off. I grabbed my bag and left the room, leaving me best friend in the dust.

"Really! I still need to know what to get, and what we are doing!" She yelled, running out of the classroom.

"Call me after school! It's not that hard." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Meh meeh megh. I don't like you."

"That right, you love me." I heard her laugh as I stepped up to my classroom. I shot her a glare before focusing my attention to Alex.

"¡Está de buen humor por una vez! No puedo creer que no hayas hecho nada esta vez." Alex said as I heard Ember walk off.

"Eso significa que me espera un infierno más tarde. ¿Deséame suerte?"

"nunca." Alex pushed me into class. How rude.

___

Spanish went by way too slow. It's almost the end of her free period as well. Then Ember is going to try and kill me on my way home!

"I don't wanna go!" I whined. "Ember is going to kill me! Help, Alex." She continued to laugh. I've been going on about this for the past ten minutes. "So you just want me dead?!"

"No, never." Says the woman still laughing.

"There is going to be a storm and I'm going to crash my car then end up dead. This is not a laughing matter." I said.

Finally she stopped laughing and wiped her eyes. "She is not a god, you will live."

"No!" The bell rang. "My girlfriend doesn't love me and the universe wants me dead. I can't with this world!"

"Have fun with Ember!" Alex gave me a kiss before we parted ways.

I made my way to Embers locker. How the hell is she already there? The bell rang ten seconds ago and she's always late. What the hell! Maybe this is the day I really die.

"Hi, bitch. What's got your feathers in a mess?" Ember slammed the locker shut.

"I'm ready to go home."

"And spend time with me? Same, I'm pretty amazing." Ember slung and arm over my shoulders and started walking, literally dragging me with her. "Ready for the time do your life."

"As in hell? Definitely." I smirked.

"No bitch! If anything it's heaven."

"I think hell would be fun though." We stopped at my car.