Chapter Six

I tried to get up but my body couldn't handle it. Then I blacked out.

"Carter wake up! Please."

The next thing I knew I jumped awake. I was gasping for air, my eyes were stinging, and Ember was looking at me with a worried expression. Oh shit.

"You okay, what happened?" She asks.

I shaking my head and sigh, "Just a nightmare." My voice was quite.

"Just a nightmare Carter. You had very concerning breathing, you were shaking, and saying stuff that I couldn't understand!" She raised her voice. "And you are still gasping for air. Your eyes also have water in them. Obviously it was a really bad nightmare then." Her voice was full of concern.

"It was just a nightmare. I'm used to this anyway." I shrugged but Ember obviously was still concerned. "Ember you know I have these nightmares."

"I know, I know. You aren't going to school though."

My head quickly turned to her, "Why not? I'm completely fine." Nice one not convincing at all.

"No you are not. You are still visibly shaken up." She pointed out.

"I have to go to school. I'll be fine by then anyway. What time is it anyway?"

"Roughly five thirty, that's when you started to freak me out so around then."

"See we still have two hours, I will be fine." I said hoping I could get her to let me go to school.

"Yeah, no. You are staying here. No if ands or buts it's decided."

"Fine. But if I miss anything important I'm bringing it to you for you to do."

She holds her hands up then speaks, "I said no if ands or buts, you said but. I'm not doing your school work.

"Now let's go back to sleep." She said as she laid back down.

_

It's boring here. Embers at school and I'm sat on my island in my kitchen. I have been sitting here for 15 minutes trying to think of something to do. I have plenty to do at home but none of which I want to do.

I could deal with it and do something here, but that's to simple. Even though I don't feel like leaving my house I really want to get out of my house. That makes sense, right? Yeah.

I still haven't left my island and it's been another 10 minutes. Where would I even go if I left.

Fuck it I'm leaving! I hoped up and put my converse on by the door. Then grab my keys and headed out to my car.

I still don't know where I'm going. That's the fun in it. For all I know I could end up going to the gym. Even though that's not going to happen, it's still a possibility. Not really.

Ember gets out of school in like 25 minutes so I could meet up with her somewhere.

Nah. I'm just going to drive till something catches my eye.

All day I haven't forgotten my dream let alone my parents. In which I also haven't properly smiled or been happy today. Even if I say I'm 'good', I'm a great liar. Or actor, maybe just both.

I give up. I have been driving for almost 40 minutes. I haven't found anything yet, well I have found stuff to do just not anything I'm in the mood to do. So the default answer it go to the cafe. That I am on my way to.

Sitting at a stop light I turned to my phone. Surprisingly Ember messaged me. Not really surprising.

It read, guess what? Miss Cameron asked about you. Where you were.