ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟. 🖼️

Four weeks can be a long period of time, four weeks, one would consider it long or short depending on what side of the spectrum you are standing at, is it the time where you have to wait for something or are you having fun? For some time can be long, when seconds feel like minutes while for another, it could feel like minutes are seconds. It depends on how you look at it and in what mood or situation you are in.

For most in the house, four weeks had been rather short, the racing, the travelling to different racing venues and to the hospital where Carlos was still laying in the hospital bed, recovering from Max's attack on him. Now for most this time was flying by because they were busy and their minds had no time to pause for only a second.

But for Carlos that is an entirely different thing, he is the one sitting on the other side of the spectrum. Waiting for a while now to go back home and to go back racing, his days are nothing but endlessly sitting in a hospital bed watching nothing more then dumb Spanish romcoms that gis mother always loves but he can't stand.

With Lando it's neither of the two yet at the same time both at once. One day it can fly by just like a blink of an eye while the other goes by like the day is never ending, waiting for Carlos to come home but still needing that time to recover from the brutal attack of Max.

Today was finally the day that Carlos was getting allowed back home, not to race, he will have to wait two weeks for that. But still everyone had been glad to have the Spaniard home again. Lando wouldn't stop bouncing all morning when he got told that they were picking up Carlos. There was no other way to take Lando with them when they had to leave.

The rest had made it their mission to bake Carlos a cake and to surprise him with a welcome home party with cake, cupcakes and lots of movies. It was a mess when they were done making the cake and cupcakes before Kimi ordered them to clean everything up before Seb and Lewis got home.

When the car pulls up at the front of the house, Lando helps Carlos out of the car, all four unaware of the surprise party that is going down. They get through the door and not to give the poor and recovering Carlos a heart attack and possibly hurt himself, they are all gathered in the living room with handmade banners and balloons.

The coffee table filled with the sweet treats that they will eat and gather around for with a movie. Carlos is happily surprised with the welcome home party that they quickly hug him gently before taking him to the couch and start with running the movie and sharing the sweet treats.

"Thanks guys, really. It's so nice to be back home." Carlos thanks the others before they all fall into silence and go watch the movie.

The treats are gone and eaten within the first half hour of the first movie. It's pleasant and nice to be sitting so peacefully in the living room with a movie running, the peace ever since the first letter had come in had returned. Which was very much liked by the older drivers.

Seb and Lewis had gotten up to go to the kitchen with Kimi and Fernando in tow. They closed the door to sit at the breakfast table that they only use to eat breakfast at. The unspoken topic that they yet had to address after a month of it having happened.

There was something nagging at Seb and Lewis, something that made them not press charges or report Max to the police for almost murdering someone else. Something and yet they couldn't put their finger on it. Whenever they wanted to get in contact with Max, it was like he had never existed.

They only ever saw him just ten minutes before a race, he didn't do any driver parades anymore. He was never found anywhere in the paddock, not even Checo could get a hold on his teammate. When they asked around the paddock, even Jos and Christian, they all said that Max is never to be found anywhere.