Honey

I had 3 days to finalize everything and make it absolutely perfect , I couldn't fail

I had 3 days to finalize everything and make it absolutely perfect , I couldn't fail. I refused to fail. It had took me 2 years to get this studio built and running , it took me months to get people to even listen to why this studio is what it is. Growing up I watched my mom do everything , she inspired me so much. She told me everything.. there came a point in time where she would ask what do you want to be , who do you want to do. I didn't understand at first but the older I got the more I did and here I was opening a community studio for kids ages 8-18 , I thought of it as a save haven for kids and I wanted families to understand this a learning experience but also something for the kids to have fun. I thought of it as a mini school but it had dancing , basketball , music classes and etc.

I was in the studio alone trying to make sure the choreography for our dance was good. Hearing a knock I looked and seen Mario , we hadn't talked in a few days and I didn't exactly know what he was here for. I turned the music off and looked back towards him as he was walking towards me.

"My mom said your show is in 3 days" he says making me nod. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asks.

"Mario , why would I ? It's not like your here for me. Like you said months ago your a protector , that's it that's all. It's a big night for me and I don't want to feel you and your guys up my ass! I know your doing this because my moms your moms bestfriend but I'm straight. I would prefer if we kept our distance." I said rolling my eyes and packing my stuff up.

"I'm not dropping the protection but I'll make sure it ain't me." He says with a hint of anger in his voice. I could tell that's not what he expected but I was over him playing with my feelings.

"I just said I don't want your protection! I don't care of it's you or your boys!" I say angry.

"And I told you I'm not dropping it so drop it." He said simply , he acted like he didn't care and I hated it.

"Whatever Mario." I say putting my bag on my arm and walking past him. I could feel his eyes but I didn't care.

I had decided the next few days I would just get myself ready and make sure the kids went in for choreography so I knew they knew everything , if they didn't AJ said he would call me and let me know who I should work with tonight. I kept thinking of ways Mario could've changed it but he didn't , I wanted him more than a protector and he acted like he did but didn't. I seen that he was going to text me last night but decided against it , Mario was a difficult one he always was. His mom always thanked me for being his "friend" but deep down she knew , I guess I was his friend though. He brought me around his mom a lot , he always seemed to pop up and want to be around me , we had cuddled a few times & we kissed twice but I could tell it wasn't going anywhere.. he just distanced himself until he thought it was long enough to be forgot about.

Today was my big day and I felt pretty good about everything , I had decided I would head to the studio early to make sure everything was set up , I walked in and seen AJ helping the decor team with the placing. AJ was my gay bestfriend but also the one who believed in me when I didn't. I waited for Aj to finish his conversation before talking to him.