Matrimony.

"Mommyyy , someone's at the door!" Kairi yelled as i was finishing the fettuccine Alfredo , walking away i headed towards the door as i heard blue bark as well

"Mommyyy , someone's at the door!" Kairi yelled as i was finishing the fettuccine Alfredo , walking away i headed towards the door as i heard blue bark as well. The person on the side of the door was the last person i expected to see , it had been 6 years and i quite frankly stopped counting the years at one point but I was reminded by Kairi's age.

"W-What are you doing here ?" I stutter out still unable to comprehend what's going on in front of me.

"Why everybody say you went M.I.A ?" He asks looking at me intently , there was absolutely no way he came all the way here for this. I decided to look back and see if Kairi was straight before i stepped out shutting the door. "They say it's not they place so what is it." He says sighing.

"I tried so many times to come see you after you got locked up , i eventually got so angry at you that you weren't man enough to face the woman you loved over a situation you put yourself in. I tried to write letters over and over and over and over and over again but i couldn't , I found out I was pregnant a week after your trial. We have a beautiful daughter who is 6 years old and filled with life and so much personality , Dave she doesn't know you but she does and she acts just like you. I tried and after awhile I couldn't keep trying , I had a daughter to focus on and everything I did was for her." I say truthfully sighing as I watch him look at me with a look I have never seen before.

"What do you mean ? She doesn't know me but she does ?" He asks rubbing his chin.

"She's never met you but I never made you look like the bad guy , Dave I was in love with you and when she started asking questions I gave her a picture that she looks at every night and I told her some things about you." I say as my head turns towards the door opening and my Kairi peeps out the door.

"Mom , I think the foods done." She says making my eyes widen.

"Oh fuck." I say running in the house.

As I was taking the food off I made sure it wasn't burnt and took the garlic bread was done as well. Walking back to the door I stopped as I heard Dave's voice ask her a question.

"What's your name ?" He asks as I peek and see he's bending down in front of her.

"Kairi." She says sweetly.

"Kairi. Beautiful name for a beautiful girl." He says making me smile small.

"Your my daddy." She says making my eyes widen and I walk towards them.

"Yes , I am." He says as his eyes look at me and my hand rests on her shoulder.

"Where have you been ?" She asks.

"When your older I can tell you but for now let's call it a very long business trip." He says looking at me for approval as i nod my head.

"Kairi , let's go eat okay baby ?" I say but more ask as I wasn't sure how she was feeling right now.