His favorite Girl

"your a coward

"your a coward." i grit in anger.

"Leighton please." He sighs standing there in all his glory , sweat beads down his body and face as the heat blazed.

"no! you don't get to do this to me , to Cyrus." I say feeling my heart break more and more.

"I'm doing this for Cyrus. We don't need anything temporary Leighton , like you said you're visiting and you don't know when you'll go back. We can't wait for that. We can't wait for you to just up and leave us." He says making me angrier.

"I'm not her! Stop treating me like his mother and look at what's standing in front of you." I snap.

"Baby Please." He sighs , he was exhausted from all his work but he seemed more exhausted by this conversation than anything.

"Don't call me that." I say , a tear falling down my cheek. "Give Cyrus a kiss for me every night." I say and turn around. His arms suddenly wrapped around me holding me to him and I lost it.

"Leighton please understand. Don't let us end like this." He says in the crook of my neck.

"You ended us like this." I say pulling away from him. "I will never understand how you can throw away someone who only wants to care for you." I say and finally walk away.

days had turned into weeks at this point and i just wanted to be over Hunter , i let his southern charm fool me into believing we could actually be something.

we hated each other in the beginning and i had wished I could redo time and go back to that , go back to not caring about him.

i made my way towards the stables and took Willow out , my hand brushed against her neck as I leaned my head against hers.

i wondered if Hunter was even affected by my absence , i wondered if he cared at all or if it all meant nothing to him.

i wanted him to be affected by it , i wanted him to realize that I wasn't here to hurt him or Cyrus and that I wanted to be with them.

i felt sad as i thought about Cyrus , he was an amazing little boy and he was beyond smart. He looked like a mini version of Hunter but he had brunette hair like his mother.

i decided to take Willow for a ride trying to free myself of my thoughts , the wind blew through my hair and the sun shined on me making me feel at peace.

the view was always great , and we had always taken this route but suddenly Willow began to make fearful whimpers as the rain began to pour rapidly.

she was afraid of the rain , she always had been and I couldn't believe I didn't check the weather.

suddenly she hauled up on her two back feet making me lose balance and fall , before I knew it I blacked out.