बहरूपिया- The Impersonator

' When you don't think of the consequences of your words, the karma cycle starts from there'

⚜⚜⚜

Looking into his eyes, I can see he was hiding something. My suspicion was right. He was someone wrong...

" Look..." He took a step toward me.

" Dare take a step.." I warned.

" Yuvraj has sent me. The political condition of the Kingdom is not stable. The people from the royalty are involved in the conspiracy against the king" He started.

I let him speak to know this motive. Fake or whatever.

" And do you want me to believe that? How can I believe that Yuvraj sent you and you are not one of those conspirators?" I asked.

He was looking deep in my eyes while he took a ring out of his hand and showed it to me.

My eyes widen as I looked at the ring. It was the pair stone ring. The ring has the same stone as my mangalsutra, which happened to be only two till date. Tears collected at the corner of my eyes.

Only two situations could be now

Either Yuvraj did send him

Or he did do something to Yuvraj

But I chose to believe on first one.

I took a deep breath and clutched it in my hand. 

" Then what are you supposed to do here?" I asked the most obvious question.

" I am supposed to fill in for his highness until he finds the betrayers and punish them. Till then let no one know you saw me anywhere before." He said.

I tried to read his face, if I could find and flaw in his statement but unfortunately or fortunately there was none.

I opened my mouth to ask something. But nothing came in my mind so I closed it again.

" You have to keep the act until things become stable. Do not create situation more problematic then it is already." He said, seriously.

" What act.... what do I do?" I asked.

Why is he behaving like I did something?

" That I am Yuvraj. Kingdom comes first if I felt that you can be the slightest threat to Maharaj or Yuvraj I won't hesitate to slit your throat. " He said.

My eyes widen.

" Whom do you think I am? Do you think I am a commoner walking on the street who you, an impersonator can give threat of killing. I am Yuvrani.. The future queen of the Kingdom." I asked, my voice filled with anger.

"And I am not going to keep any stupid act as this. I will just tell Maharani about it. She will herself deal with you." I started to walk towards the chamber entrance.

But he was fast enough to pull me back by my elbow. Due to the abrupt force I collided with his well built chest. I pushed him back disgustedly.

" Do not touch me," I shouted.

Me being the royal blood never ever in my whole life experience an foreign man touch. And this filthy man.

" Don't use your brain much. Yuvraj said you were a wise lady yet you seem completely opposite."

" What the hell do you mean by that?" I asked annoyed.

" Let's be sensible. Maharaj is on death bed. Kingdom is not stable politically as well as socially, not even palace to say the least. Now instead of handling things here I can't waste my time dealing with you. You should be helping me right now in this situation of emergency." He said.

And I kind of agree with him.

" What exactly do I have to do?" Serious this time.

" Now we are talking. Firstly we have to find out who was poisoning the Maharaj."

I nodded.

" I have already got my personal secret informers alert," I said.

" You have your personal secret informers?" He said, not believing me.

" I do. What next?" I asked not really interested on having a lecture on I am woman.

" We have to behave like couple in front of everyone so that no one question on Yuvraj's presence." I nodded due to lack of choice. Though I hate the mere thought of this pervert as Yuvraj. The way he looks at me is not really appropriate.

" And stay alert." He said. " You are also on target."

" Why?" I asked myself.

" You are the future heir's mother." He stated matter of fact, in the tone are you dumb!

I blushed. Mother!!

I looked at him again. He was looking at me with some what amused look. I cleared my throat.

" We will see that..." I replied to his warning. " It's late at night. You should go now."

" Where?" He asked. "This is Yuvraj's room."

" Have you lost your mind? You can't stay in the same room as mine." I tried to knock some sense in his small brain.

" Then go to your room." He said as if it was nothing.

" You!!" I took a deep breath to suppress the fuming volcano inside me. ".. this is my husband's room first of all. You can't ask me to leave like this. Secondly, at this hour of night I can't leave the room. What would people say?"

" People are sleeping."

" Oh God!! Those who are not..." I almost cried.

" Then were will I go..?" He asked.

" Not my business," I said. " Go anywhere. No one will cross question you."

" Those people of yours won't say that we both were not together at night on the very same day I came." He said.

" Firstly, there is no 'we' and it's better in long term we they say so."

" I am not going anywhere. Maharani sent me to the room. What will I say to her?" He said.

Now he has a point.

" Fine stay in any corner. Don't bother me." I said.

" Corner?" He said, tilting his head a bit, with that amused look on his face.

" I am not going to let his highness sleep on the bed. Apologizes for my rudeness." I mocked him.

" Where will I sleep?"

" On the floor."

" On the floor? I Yuvraj of Magadh-"

" Fake Yuvraj... Yes on floor or option of leaving door is always open for you." I said.

I showed him one of the mat where he can sleep. After staring it for like hours he finally decided to grace the mat the honor to sleep on it.

I was about to leave. " Oh, I forgot to ask... What is your name? Real name."

" Pratap."

" Pratap" I repeated slowly.

..........

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!