Epilogue

Bhaiyo review dedo please and don't forget to follow!

.................

"Hey, what the heck are you doing here?" I whispered, half-yelling as I hurriedly pulled a woman dressed in commoner attire out of the lively festival market.

"I-I just wanted to experience the market during the festival," she stammered, wiping her teary eyes with the back of her hand.

"I specifically told you I'd take you after my meeting, didn't I?" My irritation was palpable. "Answer me," I demanded, my voice growing sharper.

She sobbed softly. "Yes, you did."

"Then?" I struggled to keep my anger in check, knowing how easily it could explode.

"Sorry," she managed, her tears flowing unabated.

Dealing with a woman's emotions and pregnancy hormones was an ordeal.

Sighing deeply, I pulled her closer to me, wrapping my arms around her trembling form.

"Tara," I called out to her, my voice softer now. "Love, you must know better than to be in a crowded place during your second trimester without any protection. Have I ever denied you anything you wanted? Whenever you wished to go somewhere, I've taken you, right?" My attempts at reason were gentle.

She nodded, sniffing in between her sobs.

"Then? You can't possibly fathom how worried I was when I couldn't find you in our chambers. Please promise me you won't do this again, not just for my sake, but for the safety of our child." I reassured her, my tone softening further.

"I'm sorry," she said, her eyes locked onto mine, tears glistening in them.

"It's alright. Just promise me that you won't repeat this," I said as she continued to shake in my embrace. "Shhh, it's okay now...no more tears."

"Alright, let's head back," I guided my petite wife out of the market, making sure to attract as little attention as possible.

Once we were back at the palace, I instructed the attendants to ensure she had a proper meal.

"Samrat ki jai ho, you've been summoned to Rajmata's presence, Your Highness," a guard bowed as he informed me.

I dismissed him with a nod. "Tara, finish your meal, love. I'll be back soon," I assured her, and she nodded in response, her expression resembling that of a child.

Entering Choti Maa's chambers, I paid my respects by touching her feet.

"Yashshavi Bhav Virat," she blessed me.

"You called for me, Maa?" I questioned, unsure of the reason for her summons.

"Yes, I wanted you to review these marriage proposals," she stated.

"Perhaps you should consult Abhishek on this matter, Maa," I suggested, not eager to discuss his marriage affairs. It should be him making decisions.

"Why should I? These proposals are meant for you," she clarified, her words hanging heavy in the room. I looked at her closely, trying to decipher her intentions.

"Maa, I don't wish to marry again. My heart lies with Chandravali," I spoke honestly, my heart weighing heavily. I knew revealing this truth could shatter her.

"Virat, I understand your attachment, but you must understand that every ruler must have multiple wives. It strengthens the empire and ensures an heir, moreover, a woman's body has limitations," she explained, echoing the traditional beliefs she had been raised with.

I didn't want to wound her with my words, especially since she had been my father's second wife. Yet, I couldn't let her plans come to fruition.

"Maa, for power, I need no one other than Tara. She's the reason I'm an emperor, not just a king. And as for an heir, Tara is pregnant and if we could give the empire an heir I'll make peace with the idea that if not my son, then my brother's son will ascend the throne. I won't subject my wife to a lifetime of pain for the mere sake of succession," I expressed, my conviction unwavering.

"Virat-"

"I won't discuss this matter any further, Maa. And please, ensure that Tara remains unaware of this," I pleaded, my eyes locking with hers to convey the seriousness of my request.

Her eyes welled up with unshed tears. "I'm sorry-"

"Please, no need to apologize. You know, once upon a time, I suggested that your mother find another wife for you. But she had faith in you, and that faith is something I deeply respect," I said my smile tender.

I left her chambers, and the weight on my heart lightened.

....................

Two years later.

I stood outside the chamber, hearing my wife's agonizing cries as she struggled in labor pain for the second time. Despite her pain, her happiness at welcoming a daughter shone in her eyes. However, her anxiety about not bearing a male heir for the empire still gnawed at her. No matter how often I reassured her that I had no intention of taking another wife, her restlessness persisted.

Even the constant gossip of the palace troubled her.

"Samarth Ki Jai Ho. Your Highness, Samaragi has given birth to two beautiful and strong princes," an elderly midwife announced. I rewarded her with a necklace made of pearls in gratitude for her news.

"How's Samaragi doing?" I inquired, concern etched on my face.

"She fainted briefly after childbirth, but she's stable now," the midwife reassured me.

She handed me the two precious lives, fated to safeguard and perpetuate our empire. But deep down I knew I was more delighted when I held my little princess, Aishwarya in my arms.

Entering the chamber, I found Tara sitting there, cleaned up and offering me a tired yet radiant smile. Strands of hair clung to her damp forehead, her skin glistening from sweat. Although her face appeared a tad pale, the aura of a creator-a mother-surrounded her.

I sat next to her, taking her hand in mine, and caressing it.

"Are you content now?" I asked her.

"You know, ever since I was a child, I dreamt of having a brother. I'm overjoyed that I could give my daughter not one but two," she shared, her voice brimming with happiness. "Balance is key; one cannot exist without the other. If a daughter brings light, a son is the voice that carries it."

" Exactly, now I think we should create a balance and plan one more daughter."

" Oh God no.." She cried as she rested her head on my shoulder, staring lovingly at her twins.

It's a fact a mother is more attached to her son and a father to her daughter.

......

The Destined Empress of Magadh
Completed on 31 August 2023

So this was it.

I hope I didn't disappoint you.

Please VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE AND FOLLOW.

Also, check out my new book THE REPLACED BRIDE OF MAHARANA SURYATEJ. New chapters will be uploaded regularly now.