निकटता~ The Understanding of Closeness

' Love bring people together, understanding keep them together

' Love bring people together, understanding keep them together.'

We were back in the capital a week ago, after completing all the due work in the provisions of south. Constant reviews, visits and meetings were very tiring.

Pitaji told me it would help me in future, only if he know what was actually going on was beyond simply sitting next to Yuvraj.

Things between Pratap and me are very civil and stable now. We came across various rules and agreements to live and let live peacefully.

Though he was reluctant in many like not leaving me alone at night. He believed anyone could harm me. And similar topics which deal with security. But at the end I had to agree. Man has got some strange persuasive power.

In past few day, He told me a lot about politics, army, wars, revolts and subjects which were foreign to me. But kept his silence on Yuvraj whereabouts and revolt related topics.

I was hearing him in awe when he told me how bravely Yuvraj fought various wars, what is his ideology, he even told me a bit about his liking and hobbies.

This all only made me spend more time with Pratap. Though he oftenly complained about me being very dumd, asking a bit to much questions, not letting hin works and distracting him. Ans that I should give him space to breathe.

But this didn't stop me from eating his brain every now and then.

We have become friends now. I generally smile when I look at him. He is very intelligent and focused person. Not to forget his skills with weapons. No wonder Yuvraj send him here.

I was getting bore since the morning so I asked him if he will play chess with me. To which he agreed immediately on the terms of me to disappear from his sight till then.

" Here I am." He said.

" Finally..." I exhaled.

" You know you should learn to stay away from me." He smirked.

" Oh really!" I said. As I arranged the chessboard.

" Hn hn... what will you do when I will leave?" He said.

I kept looking at him.

" Can't you stay in palace when he will return?" I asked.

" Oh do you want me to stay?" He asked, with all fake excitement.

" not even my shoe would want you to stay. It's just you could help Yuvraj." I escaped the situation.

" Hm hm.." he said and settled in front of him. " Rule number one. You are not allowed to cry if you lose."

" Oh God... Shut up and play." I said while chuckling.

The game went on. It just had been two minutes and I got lost.

I kept staring at the board. Wide eyes. Deep breathes.

I was think I am winning until I lost.

I raised my eyes from the board to meet his. He was looking at me intently.

I was very very very good in chess. Last month I even defeated pitaji.

" You are not crying right." He said, unsure.

" Another match." I said, quite determined to win this time.

The game begins. I was very attentive this time. My brain was running with the speed of horse.

I killed his elephant. He killed my horse.

Game was balanced. I won't lose. Not this time.

" Check-mate." He said. I closed my eyes and inhaled.

" Another match. You will win." He said.

" I am not a kid, don't try to make me feel good. I lost." I deadpanned.

" It's okay..." He said.

I said nothing to it and started gathering the board.

" You played very good. Never have someone survived so long in front of me." He said.

" Was I supposed to me happy hearing that? Because I am not." I said.

" Nayantara" He called me. That's what he calls me now as we are on friendship terms.

" I want to sleep." I said.

" Come on you are behaving like a kid now." He said, walking towards me.

Which I was so I remained quiet.

" Will you play with me daily?" I asked.

" Not see you like this. No!" He said.

" Oh please."

" No nayantara."

" Pratap please. Oh come on, I haven't requested someone this much in my whole life. Please." I made puppy eye.

" Fine." He and I chirped. " You need to grow up."

" I don't care what you think about me." I said.

He rolled his eyes and lay down on his bed on the floor. His head resting on his hand, one leg arched and another on it.

I lied upside down on my bed, my chin on my hand stand.

" Nayantara" He said.

" Hm hm.." I said.

" What were you doing in the market that day?" He asked.

My eyes widen. " Amm... Can we not talk about it?" I smiled sheepishly.

" You can tell me. It's okay." He said.

"Iwantedtoseethecitywithoutbeingprincess." I said.

" Okay try again, this time take breathe while you speak." He said.

I exhaled.

" I wanted to see the city without being the princess, like a commoner." I said, sighing. It was a wonderful day until I met him.

" Alone? Don't you know how dangerous it was? What if something bad-" he started.

" Nothing happened. The only bad thing happened was you." I said.

" Was that your first time?" He asked.

" First time, without getting caught. Yes." I said.

He laughed. " So you have tried many times before too?"

I hummed.

" Want to try again?" He asked.

" When?" My eyes sparkled. Ever ready for this.

" Now.."

Vote to support!