To Strike Back

Around the same time as the Havenklein counteroffensive
Somewhere in the coast of Gevaka
A Carrier Fleet of the Flaske Marine is now at the blue waters of what is rightfully Flashia. The navy has been ordered to make their move at 0000, midnight to conduct an operation at Gevaka, and the FMV Luftskibinfiltrator along with its 4 destroyers and 6 frigates are part of it.

The fleet is located at the North-East of the occupied island, just over the horizon. According to communication, no ship movement has been detected by the enemy so far, probably because they distinctively lack mana according to their Esterrian counterpart. What this meant is that they have the element of surprise, as they won't know they were being surrounded until it was too late for them to do anything.

Sebastian and Jonas are now scrambling as the operation is now greenlighted, you might remember them for scaring the Esterrians back then. They have conducted a reconnaissance mission before, but now, they will be part of a strike mission. The pilots run across the hallway to the carrier hangar, where their F/A-18F is waiting for them there.

The pilot and his WSO eventually makes it, as other aircrafts are taking the lift to the deck one by one. Their best friend, the F/A-18F is sitting there, with wings folded and canopy open. Without hesitation, the twos climb onto the aircraft, and jumps into the cockpit of the white fighter jet.

"It's been awhile since we did something like this right Sebastian?"

"That was a recon mission, this is a combat one for fuck sakes!"

"Ah well, we still get to soar the skies doing some real shit"

"That... I can agree"

As they put on their helmets, a tow tractor then came into view, as it reverse to the front of the aircraft, it's their turn to get onto the elevator.

"Looks like we're next, get ready Sebastian!"

The towing tractor gets into position with the man in blue on the left side of the vehicle, before they started to slowly move as they navigate through the busy hangar.

"HEY! CLOSE THE CANOPY WILL YA?" shouted the crew on the tractor, prompting the pilot to do what he asked for.

The aircraft gradually moves to the elevator of the carrier, and when they get there, the tractor reverse to get the fighter into place before detaching from the front landing gear of the aircraft. Soon enough, the elevator lifts the jet up to the deck, and as they're getting there with the deck now in view, they can see the other fighter jets launch off the carrier at high speed.

Upon their arrival, the rails were sent down to make way for the aircraft, as another tow tractor is already there to move them towards one of the catapult. For the pilot and the WSO, this is unusual, they often have to get there by engine power. Because of how loud the flightdeck is to the crew on foot and the sound being muffled for the pilots, Jonas and Sebastian will have to rely on hand communication for things to go smoothly.

And as they're already next on who gets to be launched from the carrier, the tow tractor detaches once they're near with the flight deck crew waiting for them on the catapult. The pilot turns on the APU (Auxiliary Power Unit) and both of the aircraft's engine.

The one in yellow uniform in front of him waves both of his hands side to side, meaning move forward. From that point on, the crew sometimes point to the aircrafts left and right from time to time as corrections, until he crosses his hand, prompting the pilot to stop. Then the aircraft director dropped his right arm to perpendicular position of his body, meaning to extend the launch bar.

The aircraft director would move to the pilot and his WSO's right, as the JBD (Jet Blast Deflector) are raised with 2 of the crews going for the front landing gear.