Restoring Old Glory

In the Eastern Yelovsk where the Esterrian troops are deployed alongside a squadron of helicopters from the Flash Army, a tank commander sits outside of the turret where his situational awareness is at its peak.

As he took a sip of canteen, a chopping sound could be heard, a helicopter flying overhead which by now is quite normal. What isn't normal though is what happened next...

A white ball of some sort flew into the skies and beelined towards said helicopter. When it got close enough, it burst into a small explosion, causing quite a serious damage to the chopper that was still fine, but descending.

"Our engines out! We can't get the bird to maintain altitude!"

Hearing the voice on the radio, the commander quickly came up with something. He reached his hand to his throat mic, holding on a button on his left.

"Hey driver... Let's get to that helicopter before they do"

"Roger that, we're moving"

...

Varikan troops has surrounded a wreck of a white bird that flew above them and dropped Esterrian soldiers right behind their lines. Although they were slow, they were quite a formidable asset on the battlefield, being able to get troops behind their lines extremely easily.

It is perhaps for this reason that when one was brought down, everyone had a glee on their face, rushing over to the corpse of the white pegasus of Esterria, inspecting their kills like a cat, although they did have some issues regarding a certain sole survivor that held them off for minutes before also being killed himself.

"What a great achievement that stands before us!" shouted an officer of the Tsar Army "We have brought down their great instrument of war!"

The soldiers cheered on to the officer's word, raising their guns up into the air. Now as to what they will do with it, they would bring it to the capital and reverse engineer the whole thing and make their own.

(They have no idea what kind of nightmare they would bring themselves in)

How would they bring it back you might ask? Well, there's always the good old wyverns that will do the job. For now they just have to watch their surroundings, not letting any Flash, Reslanian or Esterrian to reach their trophy.

They would do this for quite some time until the flapping of the wyvern's wings reached their ears, a telltale sign of their proximity.

"Finally they're here!"

Truthfully, some soldier's patience was running out as they had did nothing but walked around the downed bird. Now as the skies began to rain, just maybe they could go back to base to get some rest from carrying frankly heavy musket and equipment that comes with the gun.

The small group of wyverns would approach their location, descending down upon the white pegasus as they close direction. Unfortunately for them, it turned out later that they could not get any closer.

The air spontaneously cracks up, and around the same time, red-ish streaks of light were sent up into the skies from the North. To their horrors, the sight of the wyverns sending its riders to their demise followed.

"What the-"

CRACK

A bullet struck the officer's head, killing him in an instant as his body pathetically flopped to the ground. The troops were sent to a frenzy following their superior's sudden death, now realizing what was going on.

"THEY'RE HERE!" was shouted in a desperate, panicked voice before what seems to be hell itself unfolding in what was supposed to be a relatively quiet field surrounding the wrecked helicopter. Soldiers came under fire, and a lot would not have the chance to see the world alive again.