Laatste Slag

Outside of Terholt, Esterria, 18/7/1702
Harriers of the Flash Luftforsvar are seen being stationed at a new airbase, just South of the city. The impromptu airbase was a result of events leading to the retaking of Terholt and Vosselberg. This doesn't have a name yet, at least officially, most calls it Southside Airbase.

During the renewed offensive, the squadron had made its point clear that their Harriers don't have that much of a combat range to safely operate from, and were thus had to rely on their wyverns for the most part.

While the Strike Eagles helped bridge the gap, it didn't help that Esterria wanted as much support as possible. This is to mitigate the economic tolls that the Commonwealth were suffering each time they did their offensive, as while their economy is recovering, it still isn't as stable.

Because of this, the Royal Army arranged a new airbase just outside of Terholt to the South. While this does allow for quick response, the fact it was in close proximity to the frontlines means there were risks of the airbase being attacked by the enemy force.

Today, the 127th Squadron is about to takeoff shortly after refueling and rearming at the base. Two-by-two, the V/STOL aircrafts take off, with the others having to wait so that air won't screw them over as soon as the wings are in the skies.

Leading today's mission is, as you could probably guess, Hjertsson, who leads the the squadron as a whole.

"Remember boys, we're going to bomb the hell out of them... and kill their wyverns as well"

...

Northern Outskirt of Terholt
On the relatively quiet night over Terholt, a howitzer and 4 crew members is positioned under a camouflage net. The 4 men were getting the howitzer ready for the next mission, as one elevates the artillery, and the others get the ammunitions.

Being about 26 kilometers away from Pannerden, the Flash supplied Bugsaret Artilleri 1948 had no chance of lobbing shells that far away, but this isn't a 48. Instead, it was one of 1980, a heavier, bigger, and more powerful howitzer.

"Sir, you sure this would work?" said a gunner, sitting on the left side of the howitzer

"What do you mean by that?" said the commander.

"The net with leaves sort of thing on it, above us right now, are you sure we need it?"

"I'm sure, don't worry about it"

"How so?"

"I had a friend from the Wyvern Corps that flew above this city in the morning. He once said to me he could barely see our gun from the sky"

"I see, but why though?"

"Last time I checked, an artillery crew was reported to be attacked by those scumbag's wyverns"

Indeed, during the 2nd Battle of Terholt, an artillery from the Royal Army had been attacked by an EAS wyvern before it was shot down by anti-air. Fortunately, no one in the Commonwealth side got hurt as they reacted quickly but it sure did send a message to them.