Heating Atmosphere

11/9/1702
The skies of the Reslanian Confederation capital city becomes cloudy in the afternoon. Crowds of people gathered on one side of the road of the square, with barriers preventing anyone from finding themselves inside the roadway.

On the other side stood the participants of the parade. Soldiers, formerly fighters of the Reslanian People's Front, stood shoulder-to-shoulder on standby, with their rifles held at the front. Armored vehicles are nowhere to be seen from the viewers' perspective.

At the Governmental Building just behind the crowd, stood leading figures of the newly formed Confederation, including a very important President Taras. At somewhere more distant, bells rang out marking the start of the whole thing.

A big breath was blew out, as the president tries to keep himself calm in the middle of the big day. He brought his eyes to the papers he was holding then back to the scene outside, where 5 guards of honor wearing the same old uniform of the Vassal Army, just with tan color march in line with straight legs, feet raised a soda can off and kept parellel to the ground with their open arms brought to chest level, palm facing them.

The guard at the back stopped, followed by the next last one 5 paces later, then third in another 5 paces, fourth and the last fifth man. All of the aforementioned guards would turn left to face the road then putting down the butt of their rifles down to the ground.

And then, a horse with its rider would walk down the path of the parade, stopping right at the middle-ish where the rider would steer his stead to face the stand.

"Parade Commander reporting!" said the horse rider "Troops of the former Reslanian People's Front, now Confederation Army have now been assembled for the parade in honor of the victory against the Varikan Empire and the La Ferdinan Empire!"

The voice would echo for a short while, and after it has subsided, the Parade Commander rode his horse to go past the stand on the roadway before turning 180, going straight before right to where the troops are. The PC then place himself to the right of the front troops formation.

Taras would step forward at the stand, as he would then put down his paper on a podium with a so-called 'microphone'.

"Hello, hello, can you hear me?" he spoke to test the mic, which sounds satisfactory enough for him "...For centuries, Reslania and its people had it very bad. With our status of being a sovereign nation crushed by La Ferdina and Varika, Reslanians all over its former territory were oppressed left and right.

In all aspects of our life, this was seen as a norm, as the two empires seen and used us as some sort of tools, not as fellow human beings. With the excuse of bringing 'civility' to the country, they used us however they please, whether it be for labor or even for their own entertainment...

My people, please take a look around the city we are all standing on right now. The buildings, the monuments, and all the infrastructures here are built using our blood and bones! And this is no different from all of the cities built in the Confederation!

For centuries, we have tried to fight back against such horrible things, but all of them had been for nothing as they all were shot down by the colonizers. For centuries, people like me, like us accepted all of these as a norm of the life...

We all thought that was our fate, so did the Ferdies and the Variks. They all thought Reslania would not be able to stand up for themselves no more... but oh no, they were all wrong...

A man who went by the name of Ruslan Ishchenko did the unthinkable. He had managed to get close to a Varikan military general, and shot him dead after. Although he was executed a day later at this very same square, he was a shining hope that independence will be brought back to this land.