An Icy Hotbed

[Parts of this chapter would not be possible without the help of some fellas in our Discord server: https://discord.gg/UqgavrsYUd]

"As the situation unfolds in the state of Svarher with the Defense Forces answering the call to defend the island, we are joined by the Defense Forces Supreme Commander Stefan Boczek (Bo-chek) to talk about the ongoing invasion. So Mr. Boczek, can you tell us what the Defense Forces have been doing to counter the invaders?"

"So first things first, after we had raised the alert level to Alpine in response to the report of the invaders suddenly showing up at the island, we had our 217th Brigade hold onto the town of Gullður for evacuation of all its residents before they would retreat to regroup with the other Land Army units.

In Pænkária, as we already have some time to prepare compared to its Eastern counterpart, the Home Guard and the Land Army there have been holding onto the town for longer with our Navy coming in with the Bisgaard frigate.

We also have allies from Esterria and Naeslagtland immediately respond and reinforce our forces there"

"So if we're going by your words... Gullður was lost to the enemy?"

"Alongside two other towns, yes. It's very unfortunate we could not prevent such thing from happening, erm... but the situation didn't allow such thing to happen, it was more of a necessity to maintain combat capability and effectiveness"

"I see... what about the other parts of Svarher?"

"Down more to the South, we have been mobilizing reserves into the Land Army as well as the Home Guard. Armored vehicles have also gone to the frontlines to prevent anymore gains from the invaders while staging for a counterattack.

More to the East, we have the island of Siersjö where our Mariners have been fighting against the enemy as they came from the beach"

"Huomio!" (Attention!) said the commander of the artillery crew "Tulta!" (Fire!)

BANG

And there goes a round of 155mm from the Archer hailing from Gladahjuland as it takes position in the middle of the snowy open field.

It's a new artillery system that, like the older AMOS, see itself baptized in fire right here to the East of the mainland Svarher under the Marinesoldater Overfaldsenheder who was the first to receive this type of SPH (Self-Propelled Howitzer)

It's a new artillery system that, like the older AMOS, see itself baptized in fire right here to the East of the mainland Svarher under the Marinesoldater Overfaldsenheder who was the first to receive this type of SPH (Self-Propelled Howitzer). Again, they weren't actually there in Gevaka.

The autoloader would whirr to life once more to load in another round of 155mm. In a short while before anyone knows it, they were ready to fire at the frontline again.

...

"INCOMING!"

WHOOSH

KABOOM