09| Gunshot

Alice Pov

The bed is extremely comfortable and I'm loving it very much but, Sage hasn't replied to any of my texts for the past 4 hours. Its past 12 and I'm getting scared.
Her grandparents were kind of upset with her for not coming to stay here as soon as we landed but they told me not to worry about her and she's fine.

I huffed as I jumped off the bed and decided to take a shower, as i do while i was showering my phone rang. Peeping out the curtains I saw it was an unknown number.
I ignored that and continued to do my business, moving to the closet I went and grabbed some clothes to out on.

I heard some noise downstairs which was odd because no one was awake at this point

I heard some noise downstairs which was odd because no one was awake at this point. Zoey had fell asleep long time go. I moved to the door and opened it stepping out I picked up the broom near the door and slowly walked down.

"I've never done this before what do I do!" Huh? That sounded like luke. Walking down further I peeped down and saw Luke, Sage and some passed out girl. Breath, don't get the wrong idea Alice.

I looker at Sage who had blood all over her shirt and hand. "Oh my god!" Droppinh the broom in terror I ran and took the kit from Luke who was panicking.
"What are you doing up?" Why does she not seem bothered by this.
"You said you'll be back at 9 or 12 its 3 in the morning Sage, where have you been!? And why are injured!?" I was scared yet pissed at this moment, what if she got attacked by some gang, what if they have a bounty on her.

"I'm sorry-"
"Just don't talk I don't want stupid excuses." I said lifting her shirt up and grabbed the alcohol. Not the drinking one. Doing this i was trying to not gawk over her abs.
"You have to take out the bullet first-"
"Bullet! You got shot! ¿Cómo diablos te dispararon?"

Mentally cursing her in my mind I head footsteps rushing down. "Whats going on i hear a crazy Spanish. Oh my god your bleeding!" Zoey said and Sage three her head back with a groan. Sounded so hot. I pulled the bullet out the to tweezer and dropped it on the ground and reached foe the needle and thread.

"She's spanish?" Luke asked. Zoey only nodded her head as she searched him for injuries. Heating a groan from behind me I guessed it was the passed out woman.
I looked up at Sage who was biting her shirt from the pain of the needle in her skin.

When I was finished I made sure to clean her blood up. I began to walk back to the room to get changed due to some of her blood getting on me. I didn't realize she was reaching for me.
Pulling on a different pajamas I sighed and moved to leave the bathroom.

The bathroom door opened before i could and she strolled in pulling me into a hug

The bathroom door opened before i could and she strolled in pulling me into a hug. I was caught off guard but hugged her back. "Are you mad?"
"Kind of, why did you get shot Sage, what if you bled to death, who is that girl downstairs, where were you?" I asked and she sighed pulling away only a little, her arms were still around my waist and my hands were on her forearm.

"Im sorry, I went to a gala last night to get a friend of mine wife back and things didn't go as planned." What? So she got shot for some woman.

"So why couldn't he do it himself, he's a grown ass man Sage-"
"He has something that belongs to me and in order to get it back i had to get his wife back." I sighed and dropped my head on her shoulder. We stayed like this for a while as my mind ran.

"When you left me with your grandmothers they mentioned something about you." I said and she ran her hand through my hair asking what they said.

Flash back

Sitting on the couch me and Zoey joked around. "You girls want some juice." I nodded my head before Jina walked downstairs. She smiled seeing us and I noticed that it wasn't a happy one.

"Alice let me talk to you?" She said motioning to the kitchen. "Look your a really sweet girl and we can tell that Sage cares for you a lot but are you sure about what she does?" I was confused so i raised a brow at them.

"What do you mean, she runs a company that's all." They looked at each other with worry before Mavis shook her head. "Let her talk to Sage about it instead."

End Of Flashback

"What do you do for a living?" I asked and I swore i heard her heart be pick up. "I-i." She stopped herself from finishing before she sighed.
"I'll tell you in the morning can we just cuddle." I nodded my head wanting the same.