020. "honesty hurts"

"𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐲
𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬"

"𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬"

all i ask - adele

———

CHAPTER 20
"HONESTY HURTS"

[real life, instagram]

"posto has good food matt, you can't bash on it if you haven't even tried it yet." melina says unbuckling her seat belt as matt parks the car in front of 'posto' a well known restaurant in the city. "fine. i'll try it, only for the alfredo." matt mumbles as they both get out of the car.

after their market run matt and melina
were hungry. they wanted something delicious. unfortunately, matt was picky eater.

melina was having a hard time convincing him to eat something that wasn't fast food. so, she decided on a restaurant that has his favorite pasta, fettuccine alfredo. melina knew matt wouldn't pass up the opportunity to eat pasta.

the door to the restaurant dings as melina and matt go inside to find a table. the restaurant was very nicely decorated. the small yellow lights hanging across the room, plants and greenery illuminating the place, and the quiet classical music playing in the background.

matt felt awkward, him and melina in a fancy restaurant, just the two of them? alone? it made him nervous. matt watches her sit across from him on the round table.

matt taps his foot underneath the table then stops when he feels melina step on his shoe. "stop that." she mumbles as she goes on her phone. matt sees the waiter approaching them and grabs melina's phone off the table putting it in his hoodie pocket.

melina looks up at matt with a frown on her face. "what the hell?" matt smirks leaning onto the table "having your phone at the table is disrespectful melina." he says pointedly. melina tucks her hair behind her ear squinting her eyes at matt "shut up." she scoffs looking out the window.

a couple of seconds later their waiter gets their soda orders. he hands them the menu before leaving. after matt gives melina her phone back, they quietly look through the food options while they wait. "this food better be good." matt mutters as his eyes scan the multiple foods on the menu. the restaurant was quiet, not many people were taking up tables.

melina sighs dramatically putting her menu down on the table. "you're just not used to trying new things. you'll thank me for bringing you here later." she shrugs, then adding "picky eater. i'll have to note that down for the project."