032. "first move"

'𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐞'

maneater - nelly furtado

———

CHAPTER 32
"FIRST MOVE"

[instagram, real life]

instagram

christopher.sturniolo's story

liked by natedoe, nicolas

liked by natedoe, nicolas.sturniolo, madifilipo and others

dm replies:

user 10/10 costumes!!

user where's matt 🗣️

user CHRIS YOU LOOK SO GOOD HELLO?,!,!

user little walugi nick is back im crying 😣

the music blasts loudly from everywhere around the house

the music blasts loudly from everywhere around the house. people are dancing, talking, and singing. it's only been about an hour since people started showing up and the party was going great.

matt walks around the place looking for his friends who were scattered around every corner. he spots nate talking to a girl on the couch, she was laughing at something he said. people keep bumping into each other and it was making it really hard to even make it out towards the back yard.

the stairs were crowded but somehow matt successfully makes it upstairs to the bathroom. once he's out, he leans on the wall sipping on his soda. after a couple of minutes of watching people pass by him he feels a tap on his shoulder his instincts kick in and he quickly looks over. it was seth, great. "hey matt, haven't seen you in a while how've you been?" seth says loudly over the music then taking a sip from his red cup. "busy." matt blinks giving a short reply as seth purses his lips.

matt looks away from seth, completely ignoring his presence as he goes on his phone. they both stand there in silence for a second until seth speaks again. "so uh is melina up here?" he asks receiving nothing but a shrug from matt who doesn't even look up as he scrolls on instagram.

when feeling the tension seth laughs awkwardly, "sorry i forgot you're not really the talking type, that's fine. i'll go look for her myself." he quickly scurries away down the stairs leaving matt alone once again.

it takes matt at least two seconds to realize what seth said. instead of standing there like an idiot he makes his way down the stairs. he spots nick with madi talking by the kitchen door.

he walks over handing nick his drink, "hold this for me, thanks." he says quickly then walking away making both of them furrow their brows in confusion.

nick looks down at the drink in his hand then looks over at madi with an annoyed look on his face. "the fuck?! i'm not your personal coaster!" he yells loudly over the music towards matt who was half way out of his view while placing the cup down next to him.

"so, how are things with noah?" madi asks changing the topic of conversation. nick stays silent for a second thinking about her question. he purses his lips nodding his head, "things are good, except nothings really official? i mean we hang out all the time, he drives me around everywhere, and he loves calling me even after we just seen each other." nick explains as madi listens intently.

he just didn't know if they should label anything or even if noah wanted to even date him.

nick looks around the room until his eyes set on noah, who was talking to chris as they watched some video on his phone.

madi follows nick's gaze and snaps her fingers in front of his face grabbing his attention. "if you want to be official you have to make the first move if he won't. got it?" she informs pointedly. nick sighs, "are you sure?" he questions making madi let out a laugh. "yes, now let's go." she says taking his hand and pulling him across the room.

nick stops madi pulling her back making her stumble lightly. "wait...now?!" he exclaims nervously shaking his head. "do you want a boyfriend or not?" madi asks placing a hand on her hip. nick groans "yes but he's talking right now, i can just talk to him after." nick says making excuses for himself.

the lights around the place shift everywhere making the room illuminate in different colors. madi sighs, "come on nick! you've liked him for the longest time! if you don't do it now you'll never know if he feels the same." nick hesitates so madi continues, "plus he's just talking to chris, i'll get layla to distract him."

nick stands there quietly for a second then nods his head with a smile making madi grin widely at him.

they both head over to chris and noah taking a candy each. "layla is looking for you!" madi says loudly to chris over "maneater" by nelly furtado playing over the speakers. he drops his head down to her level furrowing his brows. "but she's in the bathroom." he responds not taking the hint. madi looks at nick briefly then back at chris.

madi responds slowly, "no, i just saw her walk out and—" chris nods his head interrupting her. "oh! then tell her to come over here i want to show her this video we're watching." he says motioning to noah as nick's urge to throw the bowl of hard candy at chris increases.

chris and noah laugh loudly at the phone, both ignoring madi's attempts to get chris to go away. nick leans against the wall and shuts his eyes in annoyance shaking his head. chris i swear to god.

thankfully layla approaches them making nick sigh in relief. "hey i'm back, what are you watching?" she smiles looking around at the group. "chris why don't you go show her the video... over there." nick sneers behind his teeth at chris motioning to the couch. continuing to make things harder than they should be, his brother only gives him a shake of his head muttering "we're fine here."

layla notices what nick was trying to do so she quickly comes up with a lie. "nick's right, lets go to the couch it's more comfortable than standing! come on." she grabs chris by the shoulder pushing him away with madi behind them.

noah stays with nick handing him a lollipop as he smiles softly. "thanks" nick whispers twirling the stick around with his fingers. on the outside he seemed calm but on the inside he could feel his stomach turning in nerves.

nick looks up at noah nervously, "i need to tell you something." he says making noah's smile drop. "what's wrong?" he asks concerned quickly nick shakes his head with a laugh. "no, no, everything's fine i just feel we need to talk." he clarifies.

———

🔏 nick and noah we missed you <33
enjoy!
- vero <3