027. "tell me"

"𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐞, 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨'𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐫"

why try - ariana grande

———

CHAPTER 27
"TELL ME"

[instagram, real life]

nicolas.sturniolo story

sturniolo story

[real life]

[real life]

matt was sat in the drivers seat of his car drinking his redbull without a care in the world. he looks around the parking lot seeing people walk in and out of the ihop.

the light inside the car was dimmed low, the only sound heard was matt sipping on his drink. he's been sitting in his spot for two minutes now not wanting to go back inside the restaurant. he would rather enjoy this moment.

having to endure the torture of listening to melina and seth talk about whatever it is that they did today? no thank you. that would be the icing on the cake for sure.

matt scrolls on his phone for a bit watching tiktoks, he decides to go onto his side account, his main was full of those fan stuff that he didn't feel like seeing right now.

as he scrolls, messages ding into his notifications of his friends asking what was taking him so long. he replied saying he'd be back in a second with no explanation.

out of nowhere a knock on his passenger side window makes his heart drop to his ass. he turns his head so fast that he almost gets whiplash.

melina's silhouette could be seen from the window making a shadow from the parking lot lights outside glow around her. she knocks once again "matt! open the door!" she exclaims from outside, her voice sounding muffled.

matt pushes the lock button next to him and unlocks the door. melina peeks her head inside making the cold air breeze into the car. "what is taking you so long? chris wants his stupid sweater." she groans not making eye contact with matt, instead looks around for the red sweater.

matt watches her scramble around then spots the sweater he reaches over his seat grabbing it off the back seat.

"here take it, so you can go back to drooling over seth." matt mumbles, throwing the sweater at melina then sits back in his seat. melina gapes as the sweater slightly messes up her hair. she then realizes what matt just said. drooling over seth.

oh give me a break. matt's attitude towards her was getting really fucking old. melina was not going to stand there and let him talk out of his ass about something that wasn't even true.

melina glares at matt throwing the sweater back at him harshly. "you're so wrong about that." she says with a roll of her eyes. after a couple of seconds she decides to make this the moment for their 'talk.'

melina climbs into the passenger seat and slams the door shut behind her. she turns to matt with an angry look on her face, "what's wrong with you?" she demands. he doesn't say anything, he doesn't even look at her. she leans her face towards him to get his attention.

"are you even listening to me? what the fuck is wrong with you?" she repeats in a harsh tone. matt shrugs ignoring her question, "it doesn't matter go back inside" matt mutters not wanting to have another conversation that would obviously end badly.

melina shakes her head looking towards the dashboard with a scoff, "it clearly does matter if it's got you acting like an even bigger asshole towards me." she states as matt looks at her briefly with that look.

it was a face he's made a million times, it was a mix of a glare and a scowl, showing how much hatred was behind his eyes. but the more melina observes him, she notices a hint something different this time.

it was hard for melina to read into it at the moment. all she wanted to do was yell at him.

melina keeps her eyes on him, not looking away. she waits quietly for a response, still his face remains the same. she sighs running a hand over her face in frustration. "stop avoiding the question!" she exclaims glancing at him with wide eyes.

"there's nothing wrong, melina! just get out, and leave me alone." matt responds in an exasperated tone, leaning back on his headrest closing his eyes. melina rolls her eyes angrily, getting more irritated by the second.

when matt opens his eyes again, he groans when he sees her still sitting there. melina's had enough of his shit so she gets closer to his face and yells out in a pleading tone, "no! i'm not leaving! just admit that you have something going on! i know you matt, so please just talk to me!"

"god, you just don't stop do you?" matt replies pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance. ignoring him, melina continues speaking crossing her arms across her chest, "this is about seth, isn't it?" she challenges, keeping her voice loud and clear. "you know, if you actually took the time to get to know him you'd see that he's actually really-"

"wow you're so off, maybe if you used your observation skills right you would realize this isn't about seth." matt interrupts almost sarcastically taking a sip of his redbull.

melina sighs loudly throwing her head back, "then what is it? if i really wanted to play the guessing game right now i would've just asked nate!" she yells throwing her arms up then holding onto to the arm rest tightly.

matt glances over at her narrowing his eyes, then gets closer to melina's face. he looks her up and down, clearly not thinking about what he was doing next.

he moves his body closer to her breathing in deeply then blurting out,"fine! you really want to know what my problem is?" at his response melina claps her hands together tilting her head to the side smiling sarcastically. "finally! yes matthew, i would love to know! how nice of you to—" then melina's sentence is cut off.

matt grabs melina's face, then she feels two hands on the back of her head pulling her forward, then a pair of lips on hers.

———

🔏  GHKSJFHSKDHS AHHH
MATLINA NATION, WE ALL CHEERED!
WE DID IT JOE! 😋 mwuah!
enjoy <3 - vero
(thank you luvsturniqlo for helping me with this one :') ily)