052. "you won't"

"𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞,
𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞"

"𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞, 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞"

fools - lauren aquilina

———

CHAPTER 52
"YOU WON'T"

[real life]

after doing things as a group, they all decide to split up. "let's go on the roller coaster!" izzy suggests as she pulls ella into a different direction. matt and melina follow them to get in line with them for the ride. nick and madi went to play games, leaving chris and layla to stay back.

"do you wanna go on the ferris wheel?" chris asks facing layla who was typing on her phone. he silently waits for her answer, making layla glance up at him. "yeah sure." she replies giving him a small smile. he could see that she was on edge so he asks, "you okay?" placing a hand on her should as she sighs looking down. "yeah, it's just my parents checking in on me, it's all good."

chris purses his lips hesitating on continuing the subject. layla's told him about how strict her parents can be, that alone makes him nervous to meet them. 

what he didn't know was that the only reason layla was even allowed to go california with them was because she lied to her parents, saying that this trip was to visit UCLA and that she'd be staying with her aunt and grandmother in pasadena. they didn't know that she was actually staying with her friends with hardly any adult supervision.

she knew this was risky but she told her aunt before hand about her plan. thankfully the woman was understanding, helping her keep her secret from her parents. layla promised to see her, and her grandma before she left at some point during the next week.

after dropping the subject for now, chris and layla get on the ferris wheel and go into conversation about making a list of movies they wanted to watch together.

"you haven't seen charlie st. cloud?!" chris yells from his spot next to layla, who stares back at him with smile. "no i haven't." she laughs tucking her hair behind her ear. chris groans dramatically reaching over to hold her hands in his, "we are so watching that tonight!" he says pointedly as she purses her lips nodding.

"i've been meaning to—" chris begins to say but is cut off by layla's phone ringing, causing her to sigh deeply and let go of chris' hands. he sighs quietly, hating that they kept getting interrupted.

layla answers the call and stares at chris who is looking down at the view of people, his hair was blowing in the wind as his hands go into his brown hoodie pockets, she fights the urge to reach over and touch his hair. he lifts his head and gives her a small smile, oh wow. at this point layla isn't even listening to what her mom was telling her.