023. "feeding avi?"

"𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢'𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞"

  are you bored yet? - wallows

———

CHAPTER 23
"FEEDING AVI?"

[real life, instagram]

melina lets go of matt's hand once they're outside sitting on the swing set, the loss of contact making matt frown slightly. her hand was soft and warm while his were cold. he's never felt this sort of pull towards anyone before.

melina stares at the ground trying to prepare what she was going to say. she needed to tell matt about what happened with josie in the hallway. she's not going to tell him everything though, there was no need to mention unimportant details.

matt waits for melina to speak while looking around the backyard. the pool was covered, and the garden was still intact but not as bright like usual. it was the first day where it wasn't too cold the way it has been for the past month or so. the air was slightly windy making matt and melina's hair blow around all over the place, like the leaves on the ground. matt loved it.

melina clears her throat making matt glance over at her. "before i explain i need you to let me finish, then you can talk." matt nods, "okay, so the usual." he jokes smiling slightly making melina smile as well. "stop it i'm serious." she says kicking at his foot as he swings himself slightly, "alright fine." he laughs giving her his full attention.

so melina begins telling him about what happened weeks ago, and matt listens intently. finally she's done talking, now silently staring at matt to find some sort of reaction on his face. after a couple of seconds of silence he speaks up, "she wants you to not be around me?" he asks as melina nods "it's really stupid, isn't it." she says stepping on the leaves making them crunch.

matt breathes in deeply, "yeah it is, it's impossible to not be around each other. i mean, we're in the same friend group, and especially right now, with the assignment and all." he says being careful with his words. melina agrees jokingly saying "i can't believe she's doing so much blabbering over someone like you." while picking at a loose string on her shirt.

ignoring her joking jab at him, matt notices what she said and did. he looks away hiding his smile from her. he was doing that earlier too, now she's starting sound like him. could that mean something?

matt thinks he's starting to become delusional.

loud ruckus is heard from inside the house making melina look towards the sliding door window. then she looks up at the gloomy sky becoming curious of something. "i have a question, and you need to answer it honestly." she says quietly glancing up at matt.