Chapter 2 - Aid

-"Om Surya Devaya Namaha!"

Radheya Vasusena completed his morning prayers to his Ishtadev Suryanarayana. He completed his vidya from his Gurudeva lord Parashuram and returned to Hastinapur just yesterday. His parents are more than happy that he returned safe and sound. Radha Maa was exhilarated to see him. She held him for hours and shed happy tears. Although his father Adhiratha Susena doesn't show much emotion, Karna knows he is also beyond happy.

Since he was just a child, every day he woke up a few hours before sunrise so he could welcome the new sun with his puja. During his teenage years he had taken an oath that he would give away anything anyone asked for, first thing in the morning, after his Surya puja.

Earlier, that day when he reached the river side, he felt a faint movement in the air. The river bank was usually quiet and deserted at that hour of the day. But he felt like someone else was there. The distant sound of constant slow breathing made him restless. He tried to look around but couldn't find anyone in the dark. He let it pass for that moment and decided to look at it after he was done with the puja. But his heart continued to hammer inside his chest in anticipation. He tried to focus on his puja instead as time was passing and the sun was about to come out.

So, immediately after finishing Surya Puja, he started looking around.

In the distance, he saw someone lying on the grass, their head resting against a rock. He couldn't make out who it was but it looked like a small figure. The clothes that the person was wearing looked very strange. It looked almost boyish. So, initially he thought it was a small boy. But why is he lying on the grass? Is he asleep?

He moved close to take a look at the figure. He was shocked would be an understatement. A girl! younger than him, around nineteen or twenty years old. She has multiple bloody bruises covering her body. A large purple bruise on her left wrist and her right ankle was swollen. Although unconscious and bruised her beauty was ethereal. The soft rays from the rising sun made her tan skin look like made out of gold, long wavy brown hair cascaded down on the rock like a beautiful waterfall. But her clothes were wired and she was wearing something that he had never seen before. It was nothing indecent but it looked foreign. He also noticed the lack of jewellery.

A thousand questions arrived on his mind. Who is she? How did she end up here? But ignoring those, at that time, he was concerned about her wellbeing. 'Is she even alive?' He thought.

He noticed the faint, up-and-down movement of her chest and released a sigh. 'At least she is alive.' He said in his mind.

But she was unconscious and vulnerable. She looked like an unmarried woman, so he couldn't touch her, without her consent. But no one else was around and she needed immediate treatment. He couldn't leave her alone like that, 'God knows what will happen to her if she stays here like this.' He thought aloud.

At that moment an idea occurred in his head and he started to run as fast as he could.

Radha was happily collecting flowers for puja. Her happiness has no limits today. Her son returned home yesterday, after twelve years. When he left to look for a Guru, he was just a teenage boy, and now he is a grown man. The boyish look on his face is replaced by the fierce gaze of a warrior, yet his innocence still shines through. His divine radiance and charming smile could make any girl swoon. She smiled, she knew he was invincible in war. She wondered how time passed and, her Radheya, her little boy grew up so fast. Soon they would have to look for a bride to get him married. Last night, he rested his head on her lap and fell asleep, just like in the old times.

She was thinking about which favourite meal of her son's should be cooked that day when she saw him running towards her at full speed with a worried look on his face.

He stopped in front of her and without giving her any chance to ask what happened, he said, "Radha maa come, fast, come with me."

She tried to ask again, but he interrupted, "No time to talk. Come with me. I will tell you on the way. Come, it's urgent."

He grabbed her hand and started running again, but this time a little slower just because Radha maa was with him. He was worried, what if something had happened to the girl in the meantime he was gone? 'Hey God, please don't let anything happen to her!' he prayed in his mind.

Radha seeing her son's worry got worried herself and asked, "What happened Putra? What's so urgent?"

Karna said, "Mata, after finishing my prayers when I was looking for someone to give Daana. There, I found a girl, unconscious. She is heavily bruised. She needs treatment immediately. I couldn't touch her, so I came to get you. Please come with me, fast..."

Radha also got concerned, "Oh! Putra then we should reach there as fast as possible." She increased her speed and they reached the spot where the girl was lying unconscious.

First, she noticed her weird clothes. But that was the least of her concerns then. She was badly bruised.

-"Hey Bhagwan! How can you cause this much harm to such a beautiful flower."

She sat beside the girl and took her head in her lap. Her eyes teared up at the girl's condition.

She tried to wake her up, "Putri, can you hear me?" She looked up at her son and said, "Putra go get Vaidya, I will take her to our house."

Karan nodded, obeying Radha he ran to get the Vaidya.

Radha carefully supported the small frame of the girl against her and started to walk towards her home.

Unknown to them, a pair of deep brown eyes watched them from behind a tree. He smiled, now his Sakhi was in safe hands.

Vrushali was esthetic when she got the news of Karna's return. But she couldn't go there the previous day because that would look gluttonous. So as soon as her eyes opened the next morning she ran towards his house to meet him. She couldn't wait to meet him after such a long time. Her Radheya, her Love.

While she was rushing towards Adhiratha's house she saw Radha maa and Karna at a distance. Her heart skipped a bit in anticipation. Soon she noticed they were not alone. Radha Maa was carrying someone with her. She ran towards them.

Radha and Karna both saw Vrushali rushing towards them. Karna smiled at his childhood friend as she reached them. She smiled back at him, filling her ears and cheeks getting hot.

Radha was relieved at the sight of Vrushali. She called, "Putri..." Although the girl had a fairly small frame it was getting difficult for the middle aged woman to carry her all by herself. Karna wanted to help his mother but he couldn't. If he could, he wouldn't have even called for his mother, he would just carry her himself.

Vrushali looked towards the unconscious girl supported by Radha. She was heavily bruised. And she was wearing weird clothes. Even in this state, her beauty cannot go unnoticed. She rushed and supported the girl, reliving some weight from Radha.

They brought her to Adhiratha's house and laid her down on a bed. After laying her down Vrushali immediately got some water and tried to wake her up but all her efforts went in vain. Radha and Vrushali looked at each other worried. Karna was worried and paced back and forth in the room.

As Adhiratha walked into the room with the Vaidya, he immediately noticed the injured girl lying unconscious. Despite his confusion at first as to why the Vaidya had come to his house, he proceeded to bring the Vaidya in. The sight of the injured girl made him gasp in shock and concern.

Vaidya took a seat beside her and requested Adhiratha and Karna to wait outside. He checked her pulse and then pulled her lower eyelid down to examine.

Karna and Adhiratha walked outside of the room. Adhiratha asked Karna, "What happened, Putra?"

Karna stated the whole incident to his father. A proud smile appeared on Adhiratha's face and he patted his son's shoulder.

-XX-

The second chapter is done. Hope you like it. Don't forget to let me know your thoughts. Also, if you have any suggestions feel free to reach out.

200 reads already! Holy Moly! Thank you so much, guys. That's why here's an early update I am just so excited to write and share with you all now.