Chapter 23 - Journey

The next day Subhadra bid a tearful goodbye to Tiasha, Dushala and Kunti.

Tiasha cupped Subhadra's face as tears rained down from Subhadra's eyes.

-"I will miss you, my dear Bhadra. Take care of your health. We will meet soon, my dear sister."

Subhadra Hugged Tiasha and sobbed. Tiasha's eyes also became watery but she blinked it away not letting it fall. Tiasha kissed Subhadra's forehead. She stood at the entrance till the chariot of Dwarika went out of sight.

Duryodhan put a hand on Tiasha's shoulder and she smiled at him, "Looks like it's time to prepare for our journey as well." Duryodhan nodded and the two friends went inside to discuss their journey to Panchal.

--

Shakuni was not happy that Duryodhan is going to be alone with Karna, Tiasha and Ashwatthama for the next week.

He tried, "Maharaj, they are all children at least one of us should go with them as a guardian."

But Bhishma spilt water all over his plan, "Guru Drona has invited Kuru Sabha and his students. Kumari Tiasha was invited by Guru Putra Ashwatthama. Gandhar is not officially invited to the coronation. You don't want to go to Northern Panchal as an uninvited guest, do you Gandharraj? Besides the Rajkumars are not children anymore they can take care of themselves well enough."

Shakuni snarled and kept quiet after that. From the time this fallen princess of Banga arrived in Hastinapur, nothing was going according to him. His nephew whose eyes and ears were Shakuni, now trusts that girl more than him. Sure she was right about the Panchal war, the predictions she made were all correct. His nephew won and he was happy about that but how did she know so much? How did she know about the incident that happened with the Nishad boy back in the Gurukul days of the Kumaras? Something is off about this girl and he is unable to point out what it is. Now she is going to start taking lessons from Mahamahim Bhishma about the politics of aryavarth. what is this fallen princess and her trickster friend Vasudev Krishna planning on?

--

Two days passed with the blink of an eye, in the preparations of the journey. 

Finally the day of their journey arrived.

-"Putri, be very careful about everything. It's a long journey if you need anything done hesitate to ask. My Putras can be a little impulsive at times, but if you feel tired ask them to stop and take a rest. Be careful even when you reach Panchal" Kunti and Gandhari fussed over Tiasha and Dushala.

-"Don't worry mate, we will be fine. Besides Kripi Mata will be in Panchal, we will be ok." Tiasha reassured Gandhari squishing her hand. Dushala hugged her mother.

Kunti held Tiasha's face, "Be safe Putri."

-"We will be Mata."

They got into a chariot while the Rajkumars ascended their horses. Karna came and took the place of the charioteer. 

-"Angaraj, why are you our Sarathi?" Dushala asked.

-"Your Bharata didn't want to risk you two's safety, so he requested me to be your charioteer. That way even if we get separated from them you will have someone with you."

Tiasha nodded with a smile but Karna didn't smile back as he always does. Tiasha's heart fell.

Karna has been acting weird for the past two days. He is for some reason trying to avoid her. It pained Tiasha. What did she even do to upset him?

Duryodhan tried talking to Karna about this but he too didn't manage to get anything out from his Mitra.

Karna on the other hand was having trouble dealing with himself and his emotions.