Chapter 9 - King

"That is indeed, a very bold assumption to make Guru Drona."

Everyone looked in the direction from where the voice came.

The crowd is hushed in collective reverence, their eyes locked on this enigmatic figure at the entrance of the arena. The man's imposing stature demands respect, and his presence commands attention. He exudes a captivating blend of power, charisma, and mystery that casts a spell over all who have the privilege to witness his entry.

He moved with a dignified grace, a blend of strength and poise, marking him as a warrior who stands at the pinnacle of his art. He made his way to the centre of the arena.

His warm Amber eyes held a depth of his strong character, an unyielding determination and the weight of unspoken wisdom. Long, flowing hair, the colour of midnight, cascaded down his back suggesting both grace and an untamed spirit. His face has a divine radiance. His golden kundal only increases the shine and beauty.

The sun shone brightly, casting an ethereal glow upon him, the anticipation reached its peak. At that moment, he stood as a symbol of both enigma and valour. But he was dressed like a commoner: iron jewellery and a simple yellow dhoti.

Everyone was on the edge of their seats waiting. Tiasha stood up and reached the edge of the balcony.

It was not unknown to her who this mysterious warrior was. Two more people in the crowd recognised the figure and looked at each other with fear and worry.

Drona looked at the young man with sceptical eyes, "And who would you be?"

-"I am Parasuraman Shishya Radheya Karna. And I am willing to prove your claim wrong guru Drona."

A flash of recognition appeared in Drona's eyes. Twelve years ago when he started to teach the Kuru Kumaras a young boy came to seek his guidance as a guru. He remembered the same fiery amber eyes and the hurt in them as they filled with tears when he refused to teach him because he was the son of Mahamahim Bhishma's charioteer.

-"I only teach the Rajkumars in here. A suta can never become a part of a gurukul where the princes are prepared to become future kings. I cannot accept you as a student." were his exact words.

He saw the determination in his eyes as he retreated without a single word.

That same boy from all those years ago, now all grown up stood in front of him with the same determination blazing in his eyes.

His thoughts were interrupted when Kula guru Kripacharya asked, "You don't seem to be a king or a prince. Only a Kshatriya king or prince can be challenged in this competition. State your birth status and identity, if you are a king or prince then only you can challenge."

-"I am Vasusena, the son of Mahamahim Bhishma's charioteer Adhiratha Susena."

A mocking smile appeared on both Kripa's and Drone's face. The crowd buzzed with murmurs.

-"You are a Suta Putra?"

-"And you dare to challenge a prince?"

-"Go back and help your father clean the wheels of the chariot, your hands are not made to wield a weapon. Let alone challenge and defeat my brother", Bheema sena mocked eyeing Karna up and down.

Karna's head hung low and his face became red in embarrassment.

Tiasha who was standing at the edge of the balcony heard Kunti say, "How dare he?".

Tiasha turned towards Kunti, bewildered. She noticed Subhadra was also looking at him with distaste. Dushala and Gandhari remained silent but despise was evident in their eyes. At this point, Tiasha was losing her patience. The hurtful and mocking words, nobody deserves this. She clenched her fists and closed her eyes for a moment to compose herself.

Beyond TimesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara