Chapter 11 - Wish

Kunti was sitting near the window of her room lost in her thoughts. Never in her dreams, had she thought one day she would face this fate.

She was brought back to reality when she heard Tiasha whining and Subhadra and Dushala were trying to make her wear more jewellery.

-"No Bhadre, I told you multiple times I don't like wearing jewellery."

-"No Didi, you have to. At least for this evening, everyone is going to be there."

-"Everyone has already seen me Dushala, and that too without jewellery."

Kunti smiled as the girls kept arguing about wearing heavy clothes and jewellery.

-"Putri Tiasha, you are going to meet all the princes officially this evening, at least wear a few more, we just want the beautiful princess of Bengal to look gorgeous."

-"You know very well Mata, I am no princess." Tiasha sighed.

She hates it when someone refers to her as a princess. It's a lie that bothers her the most. She feels the most uncomfortable when Gandhar Raj eyes her suspiciously every time they are in the same room.

Kunti came and stood behind Tiasha and said, "You are right, you are not a princess, you are a queen, the brave queen who made her way around the world alone."

Tiasha saw the three royals smiling at her reflection as Kunti put a golden necklace around her neck. She then turned Tiasha towards her and touched her chin.

-"You don't need jewellery to shine. We just try to dim your shine a little bit under the heavy ornaments. Or else your shine may burn who comes in your way."

Tiasha just smiled and looked down.

A Dasi came in and greeted the four women in the room.

-"Ranimata, the Kumaras wish to visit you."

-"Let them in."

Subhadra moved Closer to Tiasha and Dushala towards Kunti. Dushala was excited to see her brothers after so long.

However the same could not be said for Subhadra. She was excited as well as nervous as she was going to see her beloved Kumar up close for the first time.

Tiasha was excited to see the Pandavas, whom she had read so much about. She was the most excited to meet the Madri twins. I mean she is a Surgeon and they were the sons of the Ashwini twins.

Kunti couldn't wait to see her sons. All of them had seen the princes in the arena earlier today but Kunti just wanted her sons back on her lap. She just wanted to hear them calling her Mata again and fighting for her attention.

The Pancha Pandava entered the room and immediately went to touch their mother's feet. Kunti stood them up and touched each of their cheeks.

At first, the five princes were so absorbed in the feeling of seeing their mother that they didn't notice the others in the room.

Bheem was the first one to notice the three girls standing behind their mother. He recognised Dushala, their dear sister but he didn't recognise the extremely fair and beautiful girl in the pink dress standing beside...

Bheem's body went rigid and he became angry seeing the same girl who disrespected him in the arena for that Suta Putra.

-"Mata, what is she doing here?" Bheem asked angrily pointing towards Tiasha.

Now everyone noticed the three girls. Arjun's eyes were stuck on Subhadra. Subhadra felt the gaze of a certain pair of obsidian orbs on her and moved even closer to Tiasha. Her face became red and she ducked her head down holding on to her sister's arm tightly.