Chapter 14 - Friends

Yudhishthira wanted to go after Tiasha but Kunti stopped him.

-"No Putra, leave her alone, and you going after her would give Gandhar Raj another chance to insult and falsely accuse her."

Yudhishthira sighed his mother was right, so he obeyed his mother.

Duryodhan felt bad for Tiasha. She didn't do anything wrong. She just voiced her thoughts. He felt like her words were not intended to insult him or side with the Pandavas, they were fairly neutral. She was simply trying to stop him from insulting the arts of music and dancing.

He didn't understand why his Mamashree mocked her that way, "Why did you say that mamashree? Why did you insult her like that?"

-"That girl is an obstacle Putra, didn't you see how she defeated those Pandu Putras?"

-"But Mama Shree she defended Mitra Karna as well, her words were neutral"

-"Don't be a fool, Duryodhan. Can't you see her intentions? Next time she is around notice your dear cousin Yudhishthira's behaviour. She is trying to have everyone under her spell. She will never let you become king. Your Pitamah and Rani Kunti like her too much. I am sure they will want her as Yudhishthira's wife, and if she is married to him, will she let you become king? She is intelligent and very ambitious."

Duryodhan didn't want to argue with his uncle. He knew he could never win an argument against him. She looked so innocent. Someone so pure like her can never have such intentions, Duryodhan thought. So he decided to meet Tiasha the next morning and apologize to her.

He, The proud Rajkumar Duryodhan apologising to someone that too for something he didn't do?

Duryodhan didn't know why he felt protective over that unknown girl. He felt calm when she was around. He wanted to get to know her. He didn't know but he felt a magnetic pull towards the girl.

Maybe because she was different. Different from the other women he has come across in his life, his mother, his aunt or his sister.

Duryodhan was thinking all this while he was standing in front of Tiasha's chamber.

A Dasi came from her room and informed him that Kumari Tiasha had allowed him inside.

As he entered the room he was welcomed by the sweet and divine smell of Parijat. He saw several beautiful paintings all around the room. In one corner he saw straw sticks and clay. A half-done murti of devi Saraswathi stood there.

Tiasha came from another side of the chamber drying her hands with her own uttyaria.

Duryodhan was admiring the paintings when he saw Tiasha smiling at him.

-"Suprabhat Rajkumar, what great work did I do to have this honour?"

Duryodhan folded his hands, "Suprabhat Kumari, the pleasure is all mine." He pointed at the paintings, "You made all these?"

-"Yes, after so many years got some time to finally dedicate to my favourite hobby." Tiasha shrugged.

-"I must say, they are very beautiful, and you are truly very talented."

-"I don't think you only came here to appreciate my talent, Rajkumar."

-"Actually I came here to apologise Kumari."

-"Apologise?" Tiasha frowned, "For what Rajkumar?"

-"For last night Kumari, my mamashree insulted you in front of everyone, I want to apologise to you on his behalf. He is protective over me, I guess he thought you were trying to insult me..." Duryodhan trailed off. He didn't know how to justify his uncle's words.