Chapter : 15

Death has come to me once again; I didn't get to live my life again; in the embrace of death, I slumbered again

"Dy..Dy..lady..my lady." I opened my eyes, and a white, hazy furball was moving. My eyesight gradually became apparent, and Miya's face appeared in my view.

"My lady, what happened to you? Are you okay?" she asked, although unlike her words were full of concern, yet her facial expressions didn't show much.

Emerged in terror, I was puzzled about my current state, 'How am I alive? I'm sure that maid stabbed me in my stomach?'. As that thought came to my mind, my hand unconsciously was put on my belly. But to my surprise, there was no sign of stabs, no blood traces, and the floor, which was painted in my blood, now is clean. 'how is this possible? I am certain that...' I was lost in thoughts when, "My lady, are you awake now?" Miya asked again. I looked at her with confused eyes, unable to grasp my what she meant; I asked in a quivering voice, "What?"

"I heard some noises, so came to check on you", pausing for a brief moment she adds, "You seem like you were having a nightmare and kept saying 'don't touch me' ' don't hurt me', Are you alright, lady?" Again she asked about my wellbeing.

Although she kept asking if I was okey but her eyes, they spoke of something else. Afraid, in a low voice I spoke, "Get out." But my lady," yet she insisted to stay. Looking down at the blankets, griping tight with both hands, I shouted, "Get out, now." Seeing me getting angey she obliged to my command,"As you wish, my lady. If you need some kind assistance, ring the bell", saying so she left the room.

huff…huff…It's hard to breathe, I feel like I am being choked to death. The knife stabbing into my stomach, the deep agony that I felt, blood flowed enough to cover my body and the floor. How my body went so numb that lifting one finger was hard as trying to lift a giant rock. I can't get that picture out of my head; the sensations are so vivid that the terror still resides in my heart.

"What was that? Certainly the maid, the knife, all that can't be just a nightmare," I mumbled as I tried to wrap my head around these.

I tried to stand on the floor from the bed, but my legs gave out. I searched around the room, to see if that was my imagination or...as I was searching my room, I noticed a vase. An emerald green glass bowl vase decorated with white floripondio flowers and placed a bit far from the fireplace but enough to be heated from the heat.

Floripondio flower, also known as devil's trumpet. It's a trumpet-shaped flower. Only a few people understand that these are very toxic. It releases honey-like fragrances at night, which is very attractive. However, eating, touching, or inhaling it can cause that person to have hallucinations or even result in death.

That's why it's mainly planted in a greenhouse. It was because of this I imagined that frightening scene. The heat from the fire made it smell even stronger, spreading it in the whole room. But why, of all flowers, was this in my room? To assassinate me, no if that was the intention, than there are many other methods. It's like, as if to warn me.