Chapter : 22

In a world governed by mana, a cosmic scale assigns every soul its weight, dividing humanity into myriad segments

In a world governed by mana, a cosmic scale assigns every soul its weight, dividing humanity into myriad segments. It's both a boon and a bane; those with less mana are often exploited, while the manaless face a fate akin to begging in the streets, if not worse. Every individual is born with mana, yet some are forsaken to dwell in the shadows. Governed by the world's brutal law, where strength reigns supreme, the weak find themselves at the mercy of the powerful.

Despite relentless efforts to bridge the chasm, it remains insatiable. Countless souls relinquish their struggle, yielding to the dominion of the mighty instead of endeavoring to fortify their own powers. Mending the void demands a salvation far grander than the superficial gestures of ostentatious kindness. 

And that law came to fear a single figure, so much so that fear struck into its very core; restoring equilibrium to the cosmic scale. Misham, a youth hailing from the depths of the slums, bore the burden of scorn and resentment, branded as a cursed child believed to have consumed his mother's life force to sustain his own existence.

In the fifth volume, when Ivan visits a blacksmith shop to make a sword befitting him. Coincidentally, that child came under his horse. To treat him, Ivan brought that boy to his state.

There, that boy showed his true potential. In the room where he stayed, on the table, there was a transparent stone; it was a Topaz stone. The moment sunlight fell on it, the stone changed its colour, covering the walls and ceiling in a radiant orange colour. That made him curious about that stone; as he touched it, it changed its color again. But this time, it was in light yellow. He was enchanted by it.

This act of his fell in the eyes of Ivan. To the boy who did not know about mana, it was just a beautiful stone. Ivan, on the other hand, was very sensitive to mana. The stone changed its color as it came in touch with him, filled up with mana. And the mana Misham emanated was extremely light. This change knocked Ivan for six.

Ivan made an offer to him: in return for landing him his power, Ivan would provide him with money, house, and anything he ever wanted. Using Misham's power, Ivan overcame the tower issue and summoned her before the period.

And that is the person I am looking for. I do not care if it's the fourth or the fifth volume; to survive, I will use every rope I can grab. Because there were many slums in the capital, I requested him to be found.

Today, I ventured into the slums under the guise of voluntary work, seizing the opportunity to search for Misham.

The tower is in the throes of a mana crisis, and I've gone as far as acquiring three topaz mines. Yet, my salvation hinges on finding him—the linchpin of our survival.

Despite my seemingly nefarious intentions, I pledge not to inflict harm upon the child or coerce him into unwanted actions. As I dispensed the foods, my attention was snagged by a slender boy.
'Found him… now shall we say hi…'