Chapter : 81

The office crackled with an eerie energy as flames danced without consuming a single object

The office crackled with an eerie energy as flames danced without consuming a single object. Arya's fury ignited the very air, swirling into a cricle around her and Ivan. Each flicker of her rage birthed infernos that encircled her like a fiery halo, casting menacing shadows against the walls.

Ivan's breath caught in his throat, his heart pounding a frantic rhythm of fear. In the searing glow, he recognized the target of his mission: Arya, engulfed in her own wrathful blaze. Paralyzed by the intensity of the flames, he sat frozen, trapped in a web of fiery tendrils that seemed to tighten with every beat of his terrified heart.
"So it was you", he managed to utter, his breath quivering. "The one that I... that I must kill."

"You cannot handle the tip of the truth yet, dare to know its length," Arya replied, her screams clear in every word.
"Arya, calm down," Von tried to soothe her. "At this rate, it's going to be a disaster."
"Von, find Misham. We are leaving," Arya commanded, her voice firm. The look of disbelief and horror on Ivan's face was something she saw for the first time.

"I cannot believe I misplaced my trust. You are a coward that hides behind his lies, afraid to face the truth," she remarked, her voice spiting her disgust for him.

Von's voice wishper in her ears, "Arya, let's go." "The North may crown you as its suitor, but truly, I pity these people for trusting you without knowing the sickening truth of your nature," her words dripped with poisonous venom. A circle formed under her feet as she muttered the final word, "ahrithol." As he stared in disbelief, she seemed to evaporate before his very eyes, like a mirage fading into the desert's expanse. One moment she was there, the next, swallowed by the ethereal veil of the unknown, leaving him grasping at the empty space she once occupied, with deep-rooted guilt.

As he watched, despair unfurled like a dark, suffocating veil before his eyes, casting a shadow over every glimmer of hope. Staining everything with a gray hue of hopelessness, as if the world itself had turned its back on him. Each detail a cruel reminder of his failures, each moment a sharp stab of despair piercing through his heart.

David broke down the door and rushed inside, only to find Ivan consumed by despair. "She's gone," Ivan managed to utter. Though David didn't fully grasp Ivan's agony, he prioritized Ivan's safety, pulling him out of the office and attempting to extinguish the fire. Yet, to their bewilderment, the fire refused to die down, and it appeared contained within the office.

As panic spread, a maid ran in, shouting about another fire in a different room. Even a corner of the library was ablaze. David, feeling overwhelmed, struggled to figure out how to manage the situation while Ivan remained lost in his grief-stricken fog.

When the situation grew dire, Natasha came running. Spotting the magical traces, she quickly discerned the cause of the fire. "Step back," she commanded, raising both hands towards the flames and chanting a spell. Magic circles formed on the walls, sealing the main door, and as she completed the spell, a powerful gust of wind swept in, dissipating the heat and extinguishing the fire.