Chapter : 16

The room was in complete disarray as books of various sizes were scattered over the floor

The room was in complete disarray as books of various sizes were scattered over the floor. Some of them had formed small towers, seemingly defying gravity. I perched myself on a ladder placed amidst the chaos, holding a thick volume in my hand. I ran my fingers over its well-worn pages, flipping through them one by one. The crisp scent of paper and ink filled my nostrils as I lost myself in the world that lay between the covers.

The book focuses on the Basilisk snake, which is known in legends as the king of serpents. It delves into the history of the Basilisk's rivalry with Namaari for the authority over all beasts, which led to multiple confrontations between the two. Despite their efforts, neither could claim the title before the onset of the great war. As the war broke out, the two rivals joined forces, but the book fails to provide any information about the witch that played a pivotal role in the war.

'It's not possible to continue like this. I feel like I'm wasting my time. Let's check the imperial library, maybe we can find something useful'.

                     '-'-'-'-"-'-"-"-'-'-'-'

Ivan

At his office....

Ivan's expression was guarded as he addressed the maid in charge, his voice tinged with authority. "I'm curious, what is she up to at the moment?" he asked, his caution palpable.

The maid respectfully responded, "She's currently at the library, my lord."

He further inquired, "Is there anything I need to know?"

The maid reassured him, "She appears to be her usual self, my lord. Nothing seems out of the ordinary."

"keep me informed about anything concerning her," he instructed the maid before dismissing her, "You may go now."

The maid bowed respectfully before leaving the room.

A young man asked Ivan, "Do you really have to keep tabs on her like this?"

"It's necessary," Ivan replied firmly.

"You don't know her properly yet, give her a chance. Maybe she isn't like others. It can't hurt to get to know her, right?" the young man suggested.

"Trust me, I know her to her core," Ivan replied with disgust in his eyes.

"As a friend, I advise you not to do this. That girl is also a victim of this," he said, feeling pity for Arya.

"Stefan, I know what I'm doing. And if you're so idle, why don't you finish these?" Ivan said, shoving a ton of paperwork towards him.

"Huh...you crazy bastard, do you want to kill me?" Stefan exclaimed, but Ivan ignored him and left the office.

                     *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Ivan

Ivan was walking through the maze-like garden behind his office when he heard a sweet, yet piercing, woman's voice. He followed the sound until he reached the center of the labyrinth where he saw Arya. She was playing with a small cat and laughing wholeheartedly. The sun was setting behind her, casting a warm glow on her face and illuminating the garden around them. The hedges were tall and immaculately trimmed, creating a sense of seclusion and intimacy. Ivan couldn't help but smile at the sight of Arya's joy and the peaceful surroundings.