Chapter : 52

Inside Ivan's bedchamber :

It was after midnight, and the candle lights still flickered in his room as he pored over the reports sent from the tower. There had been a new discovery of Mana stone, a stone filled with pure mana. Its price was skyrocketing, as it was a new and rear artifact. Perhaps explaining its presence in the black market, but he couldn't comprehend how it ended up in the auction house. The timing seemed too precise, as if someone had been waiting for the perfect moment to introduce these stones to the world. Even so, just when the tower was in dire need of them. It was then that Ivan remembered a strange stone, which he had been holding while unconscious, laid at the campsite. Unlike the stones described in the report, this one was black, with no traces of mana. Why had he been holding it? He recall nothing.

Two days later, news spread like wildfire within the capital, reaching even the northern regions: a new auction was to be held, featuring the rare stone. Ivan wasted no time, swiftly contacting his associates in the capital and dispatching his men to the auction house. The venue, typically frequented by the wealthy and low-status nobles satisfying their desires, was now packed to the brim. It was a rare sight to see a high-status noble attending, let alone an envoy of the Dragun. Behind his mask, Renard savored the spectacle, marveling at how a stone could draw such a crowd. His smile stretched to the corners of his eyes, reveling in the anticipation of the event.

"Dear customers, welcome to Khuaano, where you can find unique items not available elsewhere. As for today, I will be your consignor. I hope you are all ready. Let us not delay any further and begin with our first item, 'Heartstrings' - a one-of-a-kind necklace worn by the Dakia's empress. This delicate design accentuates the beauty of the lilac gem, gifted by the emperor to his beloved. With the right bid, you could possess it and present it to the lady who resides in your heart. Shall we start? The opening bid is 85,0000 vicons." As he finished, the Dragun's representative called out the first bid, "150,0000 vicons." Everyone was stunned; the starting bid was already high, but this surpassed its worth. Although working as a proxy, the instruction came from Ivan. "Number 58 has made his call. Does anyone want to counter?" No one raised their hand. Hammering the gavel Renard spoke loudly,, "150,0000 going once, going twice, sold. Congratulations, Number 58, this beautiful necklace is yours."

And so the bidding continued. Each time a piece of jewelry was presented, fetching exorbitant prices, it invariably went to Ivan.

Finally, it was time for the main event.
"Now, ladies and gentlemen, the main event for today's auction. For which all of you have been so eagerly waiting. I present to you, the rarest gem of all, one you have not seen before, the mana stone," said Renard, pulling the cloth that was covering the square box. "It holds the purest mana you have ever seen, ever felt. Exhausted from using too much mana? Just absorbing from even only one stone, you would feel your body much lighter, stronger, but more so, your mana path will be clearer than before. So, what are we waiting for? Let's start the bidding."