Chapter : 60

The capital was filled with the scent of spring, the roads were decorated with colored papers and flowers, and people were lively, dancing with joy to welcome the season with folk songs

The capital was filled with the scent of spring, the roads were decorated with colored papers and flowers, and people were lively, dancing with joy to welcome the season with folk songs. However, it seemed that spring did not reach Arya's heart. Although it did not appear on her face, her eyes held an ocean of sadness, as if she would break down at any moment. She found no solace in the festivities, for Ivan's words weighed heavily on her mind. Despite this, an invitation arrived for the spring festival, one of the empire's significant celebrations. Due to the invitation, she had to leave the north and attend the festival. However, she was glad; using this as an excuse, she was getting away from this place.

It's been a week since they left the northern duchy and arrived at the capital. As it is mandatory for every noble to attend the spring ball and pray for the empire's luminous and prosperous future.

The tale of a fairy blessings the Azarson Empire is an eminent legend among the local populace, inspiring numerous songs, stories, and opera shows. It is said that in ancient times, the mother of faries, Zephyr Sunbloom, took a human form and travels the Azarson Empire to explore the lives of humans and understand how they find happiness despite their short lifespans. As she traveled through the region, wherever she went, the soil became fertile, crops flourished, and nature thrived, bringing prosperity to the land.

Zephyr Sunbloom, with her radiant beauty reminiscent of the new dawn, eyes as luminous as moonlight, and every smile emanating the warmth of the sun, captured the hearts of those around her. Her movements were a dance of grace and elegance, as if she floated upon the breath of spring.

People showered her with kindness and gratitude for her blessings, but the lords of powerful regions sent expensive gifts to court her, and kings waged wars over her, causing bloodshed and sorrow. Seeing the anguish of the once happy people, Zephyr Sunbloom decided to return to her realm to end the turmoil.

However, the memories of the kindness and joy she shared with mortals remained precious to her. For her love, for these people, she decided to bless the Azarson Empire once a year. During the third week of the first month of spring, she would send her blessings to the land, which led to the establishment of the Sunbloom Festival. In gratitude, people offered various crops as offerings during the festival, honoring the fairy and celebrating her benevolence.

Every year the empress would choose a noble family to host the spring ball, in the moonlight plaza. The moonlight plaza was located inside the royal palace, where a statute of Zephyr, stand right in the center of the moonlight garden. It is considered a great honour for any family to be chosen for this opportunity, this year was the Amorim marchioness turn. Noble of every class would attend this ball and offer their tribute's to the goddess. A young maiden is chosen to recive the her blessings and distribute it to others. This year the eldest daughter of the marquis Amorim, Lady Eleanor Amorim, was selected for the task.

The same goes for the commoners as well; they were no less enthusiastic. They were the most joyful participants in this festival. The streets would be adorned with colorful flowers and banners, especially the grand clock at the center. The entire city would be awash with vibrant hues, bustling with the laughter of people.