Chapter : 42

Amidst the serene snow-covered mountains, a fierce inferno devours a quaint village, its flames contrasting starkly against the pristine white landscape

Amidst the serene snow-covered mountains, a fierce inferno devours a quaint village, its flames contrasting starkly against the pristine white landscape. The crackling of burning structures echoes through the chilly air, casting an ominous glow on the icy surroundings. The villagers' homes succumb to the relentless blaze, leaving behind a tragic scene of destruction.

Yet our hero stand tall against this colossal entity, a monstrous form, adorned with tentacles that writhe like serpentine shadows. True it is strong, but not so that he can not handle. But for him to defeat this kraken, he must first deal with its ally. The soldier are not strong enough to face this eight-hand and the other one was out of reach, for she had secure herself with a strong magical shield.

The clash begins, Ivan agilely dodging the Kraken's thrashing limbs while delivering calculated strikes. The ground trembles with each collision, and as the battle unfolds, a dance of strength and skill unfolds between the mythical sea creature and the determined knight. The battleground echoes with the clash of metal and the Kraken's unearthly roars.
Yet it seems he was struggling to finished it, whenever he made a strike, the sorcerer's would heal the kraken with her magic. It was a unfair battle, but having no choice all he could do was delay it's advance, till the village become empty, till the people there could move to safety.

Ivan relentlessly wielded his sword, a sowed aura enveloping him, revealing vines with each swing. Despite fatigue, he persisted. The kraken shifted its gaze, subtly sidestepping. Ivan, focused on attacking, failed to realize the trap set for him. The sorcerer's bind Ivan in one place, striking him with her powerful spell. He was already on barge of collapsing and the next attack forced him to fall.

With their captain fallen, the Knights' resolve wavered, fear radiating in their eyes as the monster advanced, causing their once-stalwart aura to crumble. Each heart trembled, shoulders hunched in retreat. The kraken's leg swung, its wrath descending upon the people. The earth vibrated, but miraculously, knights and people remained unharmed. The monster roared in pain as the duke, standing tall once more, swiftly severed its leg, averting danger. Witnessing the duke's resilience, eyes widened, hope surged, and tightly biting their lips, the knights concealed their sorrows beneath a veneer of joy.

The sorcerer found herself in a tight spot, having expended the majority of her magical energy in the fierce battle. Without hesitation, she chose to withdraw. With a simple snap of her fingers, the kraken vanished. She cast a glance at the duke, her eyes darkening, and black lines encircled her from feet to head as she disappeared into thin air.
Fatigued from the relentless battle, Ivan collapses onto the ground, armor clattering as they surrender to the exhaustion, blood seeping from wounds that bear witness to the fierce struggle. Each breath a laborious testament to the toll of the fierce conflict.

The soldier presented on the battlefield, rush towards to him with aid. "He has lost too much blood, and lacking in mana. It's a miracle that his even breathing", the physician says as he examine Ivan, "cearfull, don't pressure his body while removing the armor." The doctor took out the ointments and some bandages from his gladstone bag and start to aid him, "for now this will stop the blood flow. Have the mages from the tower arrive yet?" Looking at him, the soldier shake his head scrunching his brow's, his face array his regret. "Call them, say it's an emergency. I cannot alone save him, he needs a mage treatment", the doctor yelled. On a stretcher they took Ivan to their nearest camp.